HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:10 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
You haven't truly lived until you hear a 'code brown' over the loudspeaker at the local swimming pool. Watch the patrons scatter.
Funny enough I've never actually encountered a code brown at a public pool. The closest I've come was one time when we were going to get changed for one of my son's swimming lessons. The new YMCA facility has family change rooms that have large stalls with privacy doors. We walked into one and the stench was unbearable. There appeared to be diaper sludge on the floor and some smeared on the wall. Had a ptsd flashback to the toilet at the SEARS I used to work at. The brown footprints trailing into the store still haunt me.

Video Link

Last edited by O-tacular; Jan 30, 2024 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:21 PM
video et taceo

We had a code brown on a Porter Air flight last summer. They warned us that the restroom did not have proper changing facilities and it certainly didn't. It was like cleaning a pigpen in a diving bell.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:22 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

I thought Code Brown was for the spillage of hazardous materials or substances.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:23 PM
video et taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I thought Code Brown was for the spillage of hazardous materials or substances.
It is!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:27 PM
Fake News

Quebec's code brown should be "Poutine dans la piscine".

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 4:57 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
We had a code brown on a Porter Air flight last summer. They warned us that the restroom did not have proper changing facilities and it certainly didn't. It was like cleaning a pigpen in a diving bell.
That sounds horrible. Our only family flight with children was to Kelowna last spring and thankfully there was no need for a change mid flight.

Last edited by O-tacular; Jan 30, 2024 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 5:33 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I haven't been on this side of the Canadian forum pages lately, but glad to see this exist.

Father of a soon to be 2-year old in about a weeks time, and a recently turned 5 month old.

Both boys.

Now I completely understand why dad jokes NEED to exist.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
That sounds horrible. Our only family flight with children was to Kelowna last spring and thankfully there was no need for a change mid flight.
Flying is such an ordeal now compared to before kids. I remember the last real vacation we took while my wife was pregnant with our first was to Portugal. We bought super cheap tickets on a red eye that connected in the Azores Islands at 3 in the morning. No way you can do that with kids. We basically only fly to Vancouver to visit my in-laws, and we always have to buy the expensive flight that leaves around noon so that we don't upset their sleep schedules. We once booked a flight that arrived in Vancouver at the equivalent of midnight Toronto time, and my oldest daughter threw a tantrum on the plane as it landed. That was fun.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 4:48 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster duck View Post
Flying is such an ordeal now compared to before kids. I remember the last real vacation we took while my wife was pregnant with our first was to Portugal. We bought super cheap tickets on a red eye that connected in the Azores Islands at 3 in the morning. No way you can do that with kids. We basically only fly to Vancouver to visit my in-laws, and we always have to buy the expensive flight that leaves around noon so that we don't upset their sleep schedules. We once booked a flight that arrived in Vancouver at the equivalent of midnight Toronto time, and my oldest daughter threw a tantrum on the plane as it landed. That was fun.
Aren't sleep schedules fun?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 6:17 PM
Fake News

Current dad mood.

I'm seriously considering picking up smoking. Too bad I couldn't afford it with the price of groceries right now. Seriously, how do smokers afford to eat these days? There's a dad of 3 boys who I see smoking in my alley every day. He's either Ukrainian or Russian. Reminds me of Affleck.

Last edited by O-tacular; Jan 31, 2024 at 6:30 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 6:00 PM
inner city

Quote:
Current dad mood.
I hear you.
I moved into the acceptance stage of ‘not going to start my day feeling rested’ about 2 weeks ago. I’ve stopped trying to chase that elusive last little bit of sleep between 5:00 and 6:30. I just get up and start my day, and keep rolling with it til I drop. It’s kind of freeing not complaining about in my head.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 6:11 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKellarDweller View Post
I hear you.
I moved into the acceptance stage of ‘not going to start my day feeling rested’ about 2 weeks ago. I’ve stopped trying to chase that elusive last little bit of sleep between 5:00 and 6:30. I just get up and start my day, and keep rolling with it til I drop. It’s kind of freeing not complaining about in my head.
You have my sympathies if your kid is an early riser. How is bed time? I used to have downtime in the evenings and it has imperceptibly shifted in the past months to the point where my eldest is going past 9:00pm and the kitchen is a warzone that needs cleaning until 10:30, leaving me with a whopping 30 mins of 'me time'.

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 12, 2024 at 11:05 PM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 12:54 AM
Fake News

I’ve been away as my youngest son who is 21 mths old had a reconstructive surgery on friday. He pulled through but it’s been incredibly stressful and exhausting. Particularly nights where we’ve had to medicate and check on him round the clock. Last night he woke up at 2:00am and didn’t go back to sleep until 7:00am. I’m off work all week to help with his recovery. Also, monitoring his neurodivergent brother not to accidentally injure him while he recovers has been all consuming.

I know this might sound silly (and many of you aren’t religious) but any positive vibes or prayers you could send his way would be much appreciated!!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:09 AM
Mooderator

Positive vibes sent, O-tacular.

Hang in there, friend.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:18 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Bon courage, O-Tac.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:40 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
I’ve been away as my youngest son who is 21 mths old had a reconstructive surgery on friday. He pulled through but it’s been incredibly stressful and exhausting. Particularly nights where we’ve had to medicate and check on him round the clock. Last night he woke up at 2:00am and didn’t go back to sleep until 7:00am. I’m off work all week to help with his recovery. Also, monitoring his neurodivergent brother not to accidentally injure him while he recovers has been all consuming.

I know this might sound silly (and many of you aren’t religious) but any positive vibes or prayers you could send his way would be much appreciated!!
Sending you the best positive vibes. Hang in there my friend. It is the hardest work but also the work that is absolutely worth it. Sunnier days lie ahead

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:21 PM
inner city

Sorry to hear that, O-tacular
Count me in sending positive vibes from across town.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:36 PM

My thoughts and best wishes to your family O-tac. Hang in there!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Same O-tac. Here's hoping all goes well. I'm sure it will. The first few post-op days are always the worst.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 5:03 PM

That sucks, o-tac. Sending good vibes your way. I don't know if you can afford this, but once your son recovers fully, you should hire a good babysitter (there are sites like this) for a full day and take your wife somewhere for some R&R.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada