HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
Yeah I don't really prefer the offset windows, but what I really don't like is the frankensteining of the design and abandoning the style at around the 19th or 20th floors. UGH.
Agreed

I don't mind the somewhat random window placement on the lower floors - it's kind of interesting along with the brick texture and extruding balconies - but the same theme becomes less appealing above the 20th where it just becomes strange.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 7:54 PM

Windows don't bother me - think this looks unique and obviously the height is nice

The question, as with all developments where renders are present, is will this end up getting 20 floors cut and cause several people on this community to riot?

I'm not taking the height seriously until it's set in stone, whenever that is lol

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 10:52 PM

It'll take forever to finish that entire brick facade.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
Windows don't bother me - think this looks unique and obviously the height is nice

The question, as with all developments where renders are present, is will this end up getting 20 floors cut and cause several people on this community to riot?

I'm not taking the height seriously until it's set in stone, whenever that is lol
Don't forget this is the Rockefeller Group from NY, and they set a new top of the market price at the time they bought this lot. I really don't think there's anything to worry about, they want to maximize their investment.

And I love the updated design!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 2:11 PM

Yeah that's a great point I don't know too much about developers etc I just try to stay level-headed about developments until they are officially a go I see so many people get disappointed when buildings are shortened etc - this would definitely make a huge impact on the skyline and it would be great to see another tall one go up since it's been quite a while

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
Don't forget this is the Rockefeller Group from NY, and they set a new top of the market price at the time they bought this lot. I really don't think there's anything to worry about, they want to maximize their investment.

And I love the updated design!
More outside developers with deep pockets please instead of the usual suspects who show a rendering that get's everyone hyped up and it either fails to materialize or 25 floors are suddenly gone.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 1:47 AM

Science Square (Technology Enterprise Park) could open next year

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...gia-techs.html
Quote:
Georgia Tech’s long-planned biosciences and health innovation district in West Midtown is ready to start construction.

The first two buildings, a $227 million investment, are the first steps to a campus which could grow to 2.2 million square feet, twice as large as Tech Square. It adds to Georgia Tech’s existing Technology Enterprise Park building, which also includes research space and labs.

The project could bring about 3,000 permanent jobs. Construction is slated to be completed at the end of 2023.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 1:26 PM

Fantatic addition to 'West Midtown'.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Fantatic addition to 'West Midtown'.
Technically Downtown. Central Atlanta Progress has been working on this site and project for over 20 years. I have receipts, if needed.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 5:57 PM

Anybody have more info on the bridge over the railroad tracks? Is that definitely happening? Would be huge for bike/ped connectivity. The current North Ave underpass is absolutely horrible. The next nearest crossings are more than half a mile south at Ivan Allen, and more than half a mile north at Northside. As shown, this would provide a very useful connection from PATH parkway and the Marietta St bike lanes over to the west side in general, and especially the westside beltline connector PATH trail.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2022, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Anybody have more info on the bridge over the railroad tracks? Is that definitely happening? Would be huge for bike/ped connectivity. The current North Ave underpass is absolutely horrible....
The rendering is odd. If the Path goes from North over Marietta/railroad tacks and back down to North that would be a HUGE 3 stack elevation change and probably close to 100'. Don't think you can cover that much grade in that short a distance. And for sure would be a challenge and probably not crossable by the average biker and a struggle for pedestrians.

Also it shows the improvement down State St which is in bad shape now.

Last edited by Julien; Mar 30, 2022 at 7:06 PM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
The rendering is odd. If the Path goes from North over Marietta/railroad tacks and back down to North that would be a HUGE 3 stack elevation change and probably close to 100'. Don't think you can cover that much grade in that short a distance. And for sure would be a challenge and probably not crossable by the average biker and a struggle for pedestrians.

Also it shows the improvement down State St which is in bad shape now.
I was about to say, if that overpass is actually built the view from it is gonna be bonkers. You'll be 35' above the elevation at Marietta by the time you make it over the tracks.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 2:54 PM

Planning permit filed for a mixed-use development northeast of the Oakland City MARTA station, at 1314 Murphy. This is a few blocks south of the proposed 1100 Murphy development.

"This redevelopment proposes a rezoning from Industrial to MRC-3 for the conversion of a low-density warehouse use to a vibrant mixed-use community. With existing MARTA and future BeltLine adjacency, the development aims to maximize residential use while also providing commercial amenity. Alternate modes of transportation and affordable living are prioritized by providing no dedicated residential parking; a limited amount of parking will be provided for commercial and guest use. Alternate mobility options, including bike-share and ride-share, are prioritized throughout the site. The site design anticipates a future BeltLine spur connection to the adjacent Oakland City MARTA station, and provides land for this key amenity. A variety of open spaces for residents and community use are provided throughout the site. The scale and density of buildings step down to the East to thoughtfully transition to the adjacent residential neighborhood."

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 3:32 PM

Planning permit filed for residential development at 536 North. Current site of Pinnacle Credit Union. In August of last year Urbanize reported the land was up for sale.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 3:51 PM

Planning permit filed for two new apartment buildings at 1425 Joseph E Boone Blvd NW. There was just a deadly fire in one of the existing buildings a few days ago.
One of the buildings was recently renovated.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Planning permit filed for residential development at 536 North. Current site of Pinnacle Credit Union. In August of last year Urbanize reported the land was up for sale.
I think there's a rendering out there for this site. Not sure if it's the same project.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 10:38 PM

140 Pine Street

More housing coming to SoNo on the same block as 505 Courtland.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 11:06 PM

This replaces Budgetel? So where will I find a date?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
This replaces Budgetel? So where will I find a date?
There's always Budget Car Rental

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 12:28 AM

Much better than the Budget Hotel.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta