HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
that couldn't be complete in 6 months though - could it?
it could, doesn't take too long to build something.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 6:47 PM
Vancouver Moderator

It all depends on the store size. And apple has standard designs for apple stores already... so most of that is covered.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2007, 4:56 AM

You'd never get approval to build it in 6 months. It must be in the H&M part - at least for now - they could move it later.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 4:35 AM

i just got back from Portland and the 2 Apple Stores we saw were packed when walking past

they will do pretty good once they set up here

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 9:51 PM
I worship Led Zeppelin

Thumbs up Woohoo!

From MacNN.com:

Vancouver BC Apple Store construction begins

Apple has begun construction on a new retail store on the west coast of Canada, and has already painted covers over the job site to mask the workers' progress. The Cupertino-based company has listed job openings for the future store, which will reside in the Pacific Center Mall in the old Holt Renfrew location. The retail space rests in one of the busiest spots in the city, according to one MacNN reader, and may open in time for the forthcoming iPhone launch in Canada.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 10:12 PM

^ great news! looks like it's due for a spring completion, and it'll have an outside entrance afterall.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 10:59 PM

nice

what has ever become of the corner unit on granville and georgia?

i think it was radio shack than the source and at times its been condo showrooms etc.

its been empty a while now

is a prime locale i would think yet its empty

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 9:33 PM

^i think its the ledcor site office for now anyway, not positive though.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 10:54 PM

I think it is the site office.

The lower level Pacific Centre former Holt Renfrew space has signage up for a big Jacob store. It's pretty well most of the lower level. There's still space at the north end and the corner at the south end (former Armani space in HR, but very small). My guess is that the H&M (3 levels?) will take the bit on the north end of the lower mall - menswear? - and partial space on the upper mall and the whole level above that. That would leave room for Apple in the upper mall.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 9:28 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I think it is the site office.

The lower level Pacific Centre former Holt Renfrew space has signage up for a big Jacob store. It's pretty well most of the lower level. There's still space at the north end and the corner at the south end (former Armani space in HR, but very small). My guess is that the H&M (3 levels?) will take the bit on the north end of the lower mall - menswear? - and partial space on the upper mall and the whole level above that. That would leave room for Apple in the upper mall.
I am a bit confused, is it APPLE who's located where the old H&R was or is H&M because other thread states H&M but today looking at it it sure look like huge steel beams are making its facade kind off the trademark used to set up a BOX such as in APPLE design!!!
any info?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 9:49 PM

Well H&M is only taking up about 80 percent of the old Holt site, so there is extra retail space, however it wont be Apple. Apple has stated that they are looking at a spot in Pacific Center that has street frontage, and all the old holt street frontage space is being used by H&M.

The Apple store could possibly be in the space where the Pacific Centre rotunda is, at W. Georgia and Howe, which looks like it is going to be redeveloped to meet the street and eliminate the open square. This site is still in its planning stages however, so it may not be habitable until too late for Apple, there are other sites available that meet their criteria though, and they were discussed previously in this thread.

The preliminary renderings of the redeveloped rotunda space show retail consisting of an Abercrombie & Fitch store and the new Hold Renfrew space, so obviously they are a bit out of date, and no tennants have locked up this potential space yet.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 1:29 AM

Thanks Leftcoaster, I was in Pacific Mall and it publicized the opening of JACOB and COEX shoes, so I stood somewhat aghast, I was and I am looking forward to have a signature Apple store setting roots here, I just purchased an IMAC Pro and so far the only store that I found offer ABOVE quality service is the MAC STATION in Yaletown, they are truly a bunch of amazing guys, I am truly content that store exist, however having APPLE here would be great.
I will kepp touch with this thread for further development.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 2:50 AM

pacific centre said it was dividing the old HR into one big retailer (H&M) and than there was space for 9 more retailers depending on configuration i guess

I imagine H&M will have a small floor plan on the lower level a bigger one on the second and probably take up the entire third floor as its not accessible from the mall or street - knowing some other H&M stores - bottom level will probably be unisex - with the divided line and than mens on the second and womens on the 3rd

Since its not an Apple flagship it could be squeezed in on the second floor (street level) easily

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
Thanks Leftcoaster, I was in Pacific Mall and it publicized the opening of JACOB and COEX shoes, so I stood somewhat aghast, I was and I am looking forward to have a signature Apple store setting roots here, I just purchased an IMAC Pro and so far the only store that I found offer ABOVE quality service is the MAC STATION in Yaletown, they are truly a bunch of amazing guys, I am truly content that store exist, however having APPLE here would be great.
I will kepp touch with this thread for further development.
i think its GEOX shoes (from Italy) no COEX

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
pacific centre said it was dividing the old HR into one big retailer (H&M) and than there was space for 9 more retailers depending on configuration i guess

I imagine H&M will have a small floor plan on the lower level a bigger one on the second and probably take up the entire third floor as its not accessible from the mall or street - knowing some other H&M stores - bottom level will probably be unisex - with the divided line and than mens on the second and womens on the 3rd

Since its not an Apple flagship it could be squeezed in on the second floor (street level) easily
Not gunna happen. You are right about H&M taking up the entire 3rd floor, but H&M is taking up the entire street facing portion of the second floor also, the only retail spaces open for other retailers face the mall and have no street frontage what so ever. H&M has no space on the first floor (the floor below Granville st.), which is where the majority of the new retailers will be. There is only a small amount of space not being used by H&M on the second floor, and like i said it is all in the south end and mall facing.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 4:21 AM

The old (existing) Jacob location will also be reconfigured (cut in half) when the Canada Line Station passge is built through it. That could be the location - on a corner - but I view Apple as an upper mall store, not a lower mall store and more frontage could be more opportunity for theft. Remember that stores can shuffle too - i.e. Le Chateau could move or it could go in at the base of 701 West Georgia on the corner - where the Source was temporarily located and which is currently a worksite office. They could pull a "Trump Tower" and replace the store's dark glass with clear glass just for the Apple Store.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 6:51 AM

They could pull a "Trump Tower" and replace the store's dark glass with clear glass just for the Apple Store.
officedweller sound like a very good idea

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
The old (existing) Jacob location will also be reconfigured (cut in half) when the Canada Line Station passge is built through it. That could be the location - on a corner - but I view Apple as an upper mall store, not a lower mall store and more frontage could be more opportunity for theft. Remember that stores can shuffle too - i.e. Le Chateau could move or it could go in at the base of 701 West Georgia on the corner - where the Source was temporarily located and which is currently a worksite office. They could pull a "Trump Tower" and replace the store's dark glass with clear glass just for the Apple Store.
Theres signage up indicating that Jacob is moving into the old Holt space on the lower mall level.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 10:48 AM
菠蘿油

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Gull
Lame! What is Apple thinking, building their first Western Canada shop inside a mall? What a letdown.
Apple opened its first Montreal store in a suburban mall. Their downtown location won't be ready until the spring.

Similarly, it has taken H&M more than a year to find a flagship spot in downtown Montreal since they first opened stores in five or six different malls.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 10:30 PM

It will have an entance off Granville Street. Store will be 5,354 sq ft in size.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy