HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin242 View Post
Sorry that I've been to the library more than enough times to get over it's grandeur and see it's flaws. At first I was overwhelmed and thought it was amazing but then I used it. As a user I have a totally different view than I did as just a spectator.
Sorry you had such a drastic change of heart... I've used it myself a few times and while I agree with you that the atrium is loud, most of circulation is cut off from the noise via doors and walls. Aside from that and the creaking staircases I really didn't see any functional issues with the way it was designed. Also don't understand your grievances with the views... I recall specifically walking along the south face on one of the floors and marveling at the panoramic view of the lake from inside.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 6:59 AM
Meh

<--- Me on anyone else thinking they'll get out of any sort of book peddling establishment in less than 30 minutes with me coming along. Bring your pillow.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin