HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 4:53 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Von Ebert Brewing closing original NW Pearl District Location

New School Beer + Cider

At the end of April 2024, Von Ebert Brewing will close its NW Portland, OR Pearl district location to focus on its brewery operations and the opening of the new production brewery and taproom on N. Cook Street in the former Ecliptic Brewing mothership. Employees from the closing location have been offered jobs at the other taprooms and restaurants.
Looks like their Washington County taproom location will remain open. This is a bummer, I really liked this place. It was virtually empty every time I went in there, though.

Source: https://newschoolbeer.com/home/2024/...ing?format=amp

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
Looks like their Washington County taproom location will remain open. This is a bummer, I really liked this place. It was virtually empty every time I went in there, though.

Source: https://newschoolbeer.com/home/2024/...ing?format=amp
I hope the space doesn't remain vacant long, it's a great location. I used to spend many evenings there but something changed in the past year and my after work group found different digs and we haven't been back in sometime.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 6:04 PM

Basics in the Pearl is not totally dead yet. Back (kind of) with a curious business model.

https://basicsmarket.com/store/lovejoy/

Lovejoy
938 NW 14th Avenue
(enter on Lovejoy between 13th and 14th)
Portland, OR 97209

4/19/24 Update:

NEW HOURS:
EVERY 1st & 3rd weekend of the Month
FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY, 10am-5pm

Basics Market Outlet is your new home for deeply discounted, overstocked meat, eggs and other basics as available. In these changing times, we have learned that our communities are looking for values. Our Outlet stores will have limited hours and limited staff in order to keep operating costs down. While our product assortment will change as we make opportunistic purchases, you can count on good quality and great values every time you shop with us!

Last edited by colossalorder; Apr 29, 2024 at 6:18 PM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossalorder View Post
Basics in the Pearl is not totally dead yet. Back (kind of) with a curious business model.

https://basicsmarket.com/store/lovejoy/

Lovejoy
938 NW 14th Avenue
(enter on Lovejoy between 13th and 14th)
Portland, OR 97209

4/19/24 Update:

NEW HOURS:
EVERY 1st & 3rd weekend of the Month
FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY, 10am-5pm

Basics Market Outlet is your new home for deeply discounted, overstocked meat, eggs and other basics as available. In these changing times, we have learned that our communities are looking for values. Our Outlet stores will have limited hours and limited staff in order to keep operating costs down. While our product assortment will change as we make opportunistic purchases, you can count on good quality and great values every time you shop with us!
They reopened the Farmington road store with a similar concept. Word is that they are tied into long term leases on both locations and need a way to offset the rent.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Willamette University leases space in the Pearl District

Willamette University is moving students into the Ecotrust building in the Pearl District.

The new lease brings the Salem-based private university's graduate programs closer to its Pacific Northwest College of Arts.

Willamette's main campus sits across from the Oregon Capitol in Salem. But like other schools, including the University of Oregon and Oregon State University, it holds many classes in Portland. Willamette first started operating in Portland in 2004. It has a few locations in Portland now, including at the 200 Market Building, from which it is moving.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland