HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 1:30 AM

Dieppe: Pizza Delight is Coming soon to Dieppe Blvd next door to Jean coutu.

From retail talk and share .

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 1:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
Dieppe: Pizza Delight is Coming soon to Dieppe Blvd next door to Jean coutu.

From retail talk and share .
Just saw that. This will be a new build on the vacant lot on the NE corner of Principale Est & Dieppe Blvd, next to the PJC.

There was a discussion in the Main Moncton thread last week about the concept of neighbourhood town centres (suburban retail/commercial nodes). This section of Dieppe Blvd is the very best example of a suburban town centre in the entire metro area.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 12:09 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Just saw that. This will be a new build on the vacant lot on the NE corner of Principale Est & Dieppe Blvd, next to the PJC.

There was a discussion in the Main Moncton thread last week about the concept of neighbourhood town centres (suburban retail/commercial nodes). This section of Dieppe Blvd is the very best example of a suburban town centre in the entire metro area.
Photo on Retail talk and share showing the pizza delight colors in a small unit right next to Maritime Beauty. Seems to be a small location maybe takeout only?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 1:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Photo on Retail talk and share showing the pizza delight colors in a small unit right next to Maritime Beauty. Seems to be a small location maybe takeout only?
Just saw that. Yes, it appears that the Pizza Delight is going in the pre-existing plaza next to Maritime Beauty. I agree that this is a small CRU, and as such, likely will be a take-out location, like Papa John's across the street.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 9:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage for the new Pizza Delight on Dieppe Blvd has now been installed.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 2:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The city of Dieppe is planning on making some zoning changes based on the recent expansion of municipal boundaries.

Full document - https://calendrier-calendar.dieppe.c...1-b092011dfc75

In the southeastern portion of the newly incorporated territory, the city plans to add an area of land (designated residential rural 2) for unserviced residential development to occur. This iarea is crosshatched on the planning map, and is mostly along the Melanson Road corridor.

The following image shows the zoning map for the entire municipality (except for the extreme northeastern tip adjacent to the border with the town of Shediac).

The main takeaways are :

1) - the vast majority of the newly incorporated lands will be desgnated Northeast Land Reserve (light grey) or Rural (dark grey). There are no plans to develop these areas.
2) - The entirety of the lands around the Moncton Airport eastward as far as the Scoudouc Interchange will be designated as Industrial. The majority of this land will be IG - Industrial General (light purple), but the entirety of the land bounding the southern margin of the TCH as far east as the Scoudouc Interchange will be zoned IP - Industrial Park (dark purple). To me this implies that there are future plans to extend Aviation Blvd along the south side of the TCH all the way through to Champlain Street south of the Scoudouc (Route 132) Interchange. We already know that the city of Dieppe wants to build a new interchange connecting this land the the TCH halfway between the Highway 15 and Route 132 interchanges. That's a pretty long narrow strip of development land, but, it would certainly give maximal visibility for any tenants to passing traffic on the TCH.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 9, 2023 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 3:35 PM

^^^ the unserviced residential area you mention already mostly exists, doesn't it? This probably just formalizes the Melanson Settlement community as-is. Perhaps the right kind of zoning didn't exist in Dieppe prior to the annexation. I am not too familiar.

It would make sense for Arsenault Road (EDIT- Melanson north of 132 is Arsenault, corrected myself) and Aviation to be extended towards each other, in the vicinity of the new interchange. The eastern half of Aviation, extending to 132, could follow later.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 4:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
^^^ the unserviced residential area you mention already mostly exists, doesn't it? This probably just formalizes the Melanson Settlement community as-is. Perhaps the right kind of zoning didn't exist in Dieppe prior to the annexation. I am not too familiar
Yes, you are correct (I imagine). The city is just formalizing what already existed before amalgamation. But, there is still a lot of land in this area that unserviced properties could be built on. This will now be allowed, resulting in a "rural estates " like neighbourhood.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 9, 2023 at 4:12 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2023, 2:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Our friends at Infinity Aerials have been busy again:

Current status of the new retail plaza at Rufin/Dieppe Blvd.

The Superstore is their newer format one, and seems smaller than their other three stores in metro Moncton, but, apparently is similar to other new suburban Superstores like the one recently built in Bedford, NS.

If the Superstore seems a tad small, the Shoppers on the other hand seems quite large. I'm sure it is larger than any of the other Shoppers Drug Marts anywhere else in Moncton.

This aerial photo is also interesting as you can see how the internal parking areas are being laid out. I'm not entirely sure, but, I think they are leaving the space at the corner of Rufin/Harnett open for one more additional store or retail plaza.

Finally, in the top right of this photo, you can see the new retail plaza under construction which will contain several businesses, including Global Pet Food. There will eventually be a second similar plaza created on this lot at some point in the future.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2023, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Our friends at Infinity Aerials have been busy again:

Current status of the new retail plaza at Rufin/Dieppe Blvd.

The Superstore is their newer format one, and seems smaller than their other three stores in metro Moncton, but, apparently is similar to other new suburban Superstores like the one recently built in Bedford, NS.

If the Superstore seems a tad small, the Shoppers on the other hand seems quite large. I'm sure it is larger than any of the other Shoppers Drug Marts anywhere else in Moncton.
Their new format, as like the new one in Halifax, has no GM or Pharmacy sections. I’m unsure if they still have a health & beauty section, but I imagine they probably do. This makes the footprint much similar to a Sobeys. This will be the 64th Atlantic Superstore I believe.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2023, 6:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

T&T is reporting that the city of Dieppe recorded almost $150M in building permits in the first three quarters of 2023, easily setting a new record for the city (previously $119M last year).

https://tj.news/times-and-transcript/102193179 (paywall)

Meanwhile, a similar article from last week showed Moncton recorded $179M in building permits in the first three quarters of the year. Dieppe is licking at our heels!!!!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
T&T is reporting that the city of Dieppe recorded almost $150M in building permits in the first three quarters of 2023, easily setting a new record for the city (previously $119M last year).

https://tj.news/times-and-transcript/102193179 (paywall)

Meanwhile, a similar article from last week showed Moncton recorded $179M in building permits in the first three quarters of the year. Dieppe is licking at our heels!!!!
The CMA total is gonna be whack. Less "peaky" than previous years due to the large projects being spread out across the 3 communities.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2023, 11:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Bonte Foods on Champlain Street has apparently consolidated two adjacent vacant PIDs to allow for a major plant expansion. This will likely be a large project.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2023, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Our friends at Infinity Aerials have been busy again:...
I passed that last week and my first thought was IKEA. It seemed the right colours.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2023, 2:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky7up View Post
I passed that last week and my first thought was IKEA. It seemed the right colours.
It seems like Monctonians have an unhealthy obsession with IKEA.

Let me assure you that IKEA will not consider building any store in a CMA/CA of less than 750,000. They actually gave Halifax a special exemption to this rule because the store there was to be considered a "regional" store.

IKEA stores are massive. I mean football field massive. They have started building smaller format urban stores, but these are stores designed for downtown locations in major metropolises, not medium sized cities like Moncton.

Unless IKEA changes their policies, we will not see an IKEA store here before 2200 (at least).

Old Posted Nov 19, 2023, 2:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

GG Bistro is apparently opening soon at 928 Champlain (former Thahn's Palace).

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...41452376031819

Quote:
We are excited to announce GG Bistro will be opening in Dieppe VERY SOON! We are a local Fusion Bistro offering simply delicious house-made bar foods: burger buns, wings sauces, dips, house-cut fries, salad dressings, hearty creamy soups etc. you name it.

LEVELING UP your dining experience with us by reserving your own Gaming Booth or hanging out with your friends & watching popular anime series when our gaming booths are not occupied.
They are apparently going after the gaming community

Old Posted Nov 20, 2023, 1:29 PM

Part of the Dieppe “Plans for 2024 include major roadwork, including the second phase of the realignment of Thomas Street, which includes a traffic circle at the Lafrance/Gauvin intersection

I'm Trying to wrap my head , Realignment / Traffic circle. Does anyone know if Thomas street would connect to the the traffic circle ?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2023, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadieman View Post
Part of the Dieppe “Plans for 2024 include major roadwork, including the second phase of the realignment of Thomas Street, which includes a traffic circle at the Lafrance/Gauvin intersection

I'm Trying to wrap my head , Realignment / Traffic circle. Does anyone know if Thomas street would connect to the the traffic circle ?
Not being a local, maybe realigning Thomas through the vacant land at the end of Blanchard and Danny, cutting off the eastern end of Devarenne?

Note all the key lots seem to be vacant or be weirdly shaped: 258 Thomas and 337 Lafrance (both vacant), the remnant parcel at the end of Blanchard has an odd curve to it that seems like it would meet the realignment, and 266 Thomas has a weird chunk that would accommodate it too, without needing demolition.

Presumably all three of Blanchard, Danny, and Devarenne would connect to it, or get proper cul-de-sac endings. It would open up a little land to the east of the realignment too.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2023, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Not being a local, maybe realigning Thomas through the vacant land at the end of Blanchard and Danny, cutting off the eastern end of Devarenne?

Note all the key lots seem to be vacant or be weirdly shaped: 258 Thomas and 337 Lafrance (both vacant), the remnant parcel at the end of Blanchard has an odd curve to it that seems like it would meet the realignment, and 266 Thomas has a weird chunk that would accommodate it too, without needing demolition.

Presumably all three of Blanchard, Danny, and Devarenne would connect to it, or get proper cul-de-sac endings. It would open up a little land to the east of the realignment too.
This is correct. Or at least this is the planned that's been talked about for at least a decade.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 12:16 AM

Quote:
It seems like Monctonians have an unhealthy obsession with IKEA. ...

IKEA stores are massive. I mean football field massive. They have started building smaller format urban stores, but these are stores designed for downtown locations in major metropolises, not medium sized cities like Moncton.
Since I am from the UK I am well familiar with IKEA stores

It is IKEA colours though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces