HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 4:19 PM

It looks like they are unwrapping the lower level taps, they have coated the steel.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 6:22 PM

Glazing of the second floor (white-tarped floor level that is starting to come down today) is slated to start approx second week of March. Vast majority of the job is a complete standstill. The formwork company is completely off site.

Only real action is at the southwest corner skywalk connection and the continuing finishing of 330. Still zero sign of Goodlife fit-up.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
I don't know about the core but I've been watching it rising, again and again, over the last few weeks and months.
It was level months ago to the lower crease of the building behind it. It's now many floors above that and looking just fine.
Thanks

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3de14eec6a View Post
Last pour might have been August(?!) based on some of the posts in November when they pulled down the pump. The core form rose on Jan 3rd.
Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2020, 4:38 PM

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 6:17 PM
Back from the dead

When's the core scheduled to rise again?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 6:31 PM

Until you see the tower crane rise, there will be no more work on the core. At this point there is no talk about it. I’d place my bets on April.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 8:25 PM

Delays on 300 Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinCitySparky View Post
Until you see the tower crane rise, there will be no more work on the core. At this point there is no talk about it. I’d place my bets on April.
I wonder what the hold up is? One would think the sooner it is complete the sooner it gest cash flow from renting it out earlier than laterr?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 8:54 PM

I swear the same question gets asked on here once a week...

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 10:55 PM

I wonder if Marwest is in a little over their head with this one? Sure seems like a weird way to build...

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 11:31 PM

It seems like everything has gone relatively 'normal' speed except the tower height. 330 main looks complete on the outside. Not sure about the interior. Sounds like that's lagging. The tower structure looks to be basically done up to the current floor being worked on. Someone said glazing should start soon. Looks like the tower is ready for it. Pergolas are installed now they're made of steel.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 11:52 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I couldn't get a good look at the staging area for the steel beams and other large pieces at Warman and Lag to see if the lot there has stock waiting to be transported to site, but I guess until the appropriate pieces are in place, the tower crane won't be lifted.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It seems like everything has gone relatively 'normal' speed except the tower height. 330 main looks complete on the outside. Not sure about the interior. Sounds like that's lagging. The tower structure looks to be basically done up to the current floor being worked on. Someone said glazing should start soon. Looks like the tower is ready for it. Pergolas are installed now they're made of steel.
I must say construction appears slow...

The 40 storey +/- CIBC tower here in Toronto was started after construction began on the Main Street tower. All the excavation, construction of building core and steel skeleton / floor and all glazing has been completed and interior work is motoring along. There is no question more experienced trades have been firing on all pistons to get this done. They are obviously better capitalized and more experienced in this type of construction. The Wpg delay must be costing someone a fortune in interest as well due to trade issues and weather. I’m hopeful spring is around the corner and things will pick up. Great news for Portage & Main.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 1:16 AM

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
I couldn't get a good look at the staging area for the steel beams and other large pieces at Warman and Lag to see if the lot there has stock waiting to be transported to site, but I guess until the appropriate pieces are in place, the tower crane won't be lifted.
I was by there the other day and didn't really see anything there. I think that that the Able Crane that was sitting there for loading/unloading is also gone back to their yard as I don't recall seeing a boom in the air.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 2:08 PM
What could go wrong?

Quite a bit of steel over on the east side of the lot. They are in the curing process for the floors (hollowcore) that will allow for the crane to be tethered to the building. Once this tower crane issue is resolved the building will rise quickly.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 6:07 PM

The pergola has been going up nice and quick this week:

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 7:10 PM
Winnipeg

Looks very close to the render version!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 7:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Quite a bit of steel over on the east side of the lot. They are in the curing process for the floors (hollowcore) that will allow for the crane to be tethered to the building. Once this tower crane issue is resolved the building will rise quickly.
So were the problems encountered in the SW corner the cause of the delay?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 8:34 PM
What could go wrong?

Apparently it was just miscalculations regarding the crane. Sounds amazing that this sort of thing could happen but.... There is nothing nefarious happening, no desire to shorten the building, no lack of interest or other conspiracy theories, just an error. Realistically it could have been corrected by connecting the crane to the building at level 9 and then at level 12 but obviously they crunched the numbers and it was cheaper to take the path that they did.

It should start rising up again soon.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan