HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I think he was thinking of the Humane Society site in West Midtown that's for sale and has an active proposal on it.
Think you're probably right about that; Habitat for Humanity is still in their HQ and the ReStore is very active. There is a small square gravel lot owned by HfH on the corner of Memorial and Chester that is a prime candidate for development, but it's not for sale and there's no sign of activity there.

For anyone interested, there's a map of current and potential Reynoldstown redevelopment sites that I try to keep up to date.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoulos27 View Post
Yeah I live half a mile from there not aware of it being for sale maybe wishful thinking?

Hopefully for street advocate they put a parking tower there, lol
I think everyone is correct I may have been dreaming up development on that lot. The location is prime.

Speaking of parking, I’m glad Atlanta dairies puts theirs towards the back. Each time I’ve visited I didn’t notice until I walked toward the back end at the coffee shop.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 2:16 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I think everyone is correct I may have been dreaming up development on that lot. The location is prime.

Speaking of parking, I’m glad Atlanta dairies puts theirs towards the back. Each time I’ve visited I didn’t notice until I walked toward the back end at the coffee shop.
Yep!

I forget, what is the plan for the empty space in front of those apartments? There's currently a mud/grass pit there.

And I'm sure the humane society will eventually sell that lot, it's worth is just going to skyrocket

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 9:25 PM

A few things...

I believe the corner lot everyone is reference on Memorial Drive and Chester Avenue in front of ReStore is now paved. That lot is too small to really do anything with other than townhomes, but I'm not sure if Habitat for Humanity would want something blocking restore? They utilize the lot for events at Habitat often enough, so not sure how much they care about losing it.

Re: dpoulos27

That empty space along Memorial Drive in front of the Alta Dairies is a pad for an eventual office building. Not sure if we'll see anything built there unless they decide to go speculative, which they might, but that would probably be more in the future once they fill up the existing office space in Atlanta Dairies and the area is more established. It'd be nice if they fixed the sidewalk, cleaned up the site, and turn it into greenspace for the time being. However, Mill Creek is using it for staging on the Modera Reynoldstown project, so maybe after?

@Pica

For your map, I would include the site west of Cummin Landscape. I know this is Cabbagetown, so maybe that is why you didn't include it? You can see the site line on Google maps (satellite and non). There was an attempt to do some small office projects there, but a proposal came through the local neighborhoods recently showing small lot single family product.

There's also a lot of other potential developable sites such the Ant Building, the once soon-to-be WonderRoot site with the old school and Reid's Body Shop.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 12:31 AM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
A few things...

I believe the corner lot everyone is reference on Memorial Drive and Chester Avenue in front of ReStore is now paved. That lot is too small to really do anything with other than townhomes, but I'm not sure if Habitat for Humanity would want something blocking restore? They utilize the lot for events at Habitat often enough, so not sure how much they care about losing it.

Re: dpoulos27

That empty space along Memorial Drive in front of the Alta Dairies is a pad for an eventual office building. Not sure if we'll see anything built there unless they decide to go speculative, which they might, but that would probably be more in the future once they fill up the existing office space in Atlanta Dairies and the area is more established. It'd be nice if they fixed the sidewalk, cleaned up the site, and turn it into greenspace for the time being. However, Mill Creek is using it for staging on the Modera Reynoldstown project, so maybe after?

@Pica

For your map, I would include the site west of Cummin Landscape. I know this is Cabbagetown, so maybe that is why you didn't include it? You can see the site line on Google maps (satellite and non). There was an attempt to do some small office projects there, but a proposal came through the local neighborhoods recently showing small lot single family product.

There's also a lot of other potential developable sites such the Ant Building, the once soon-to-be WonderRoot site with the old school and Reid's Body Shop.
Awesome man! Thanks for the thorough and informative post!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Cool -- I knew about the earlier plans that were shelved but hadn't heard it was moving again. Will see what I can find about that one.

Quote:
It's kind of amazing, the amount of land that's available in this area that's already seen a crazy amount of development. Just the area behind the old Tech High School, or the junkyard portion of Reid's land, would be significantly-sized developments. For the most part I've avoided including property that's owned and not for sale or planned for development yet. But the properties around Memorial/Flat Shoals/Moreland that are all owned by a single family are an intriguing prospect for something big and interesting.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

@Pica

I would definitely include the Ant Building as I know it is "actively" on the market, however I think the difficultly lies in getting something approved at appropriate density levels to make development feasible. There was an apartment proposal previously, but I believe the developer had issues getting it through the neighborhood and I know a few other developers have kicked the tires on the site. The issue with a lot of these sites is they all have some level of environmental clean up that will be needed due to the past uses on the sites and at surrounding sites, which can be expensive, in addition to the neighborhood not wanting a lot of density on the site which creates challenges at current land values and construction costs.

Should be an interesting next 1-2 years for proposals in this area if the economy remains stable, as the early movers prove out the market you'll see more activity on these other underutilized sites. Alta Dairies Phase 2 is u/c, the music venue at Atlanta Dairies is well underway, 982 Memorial appears to be close to breaking ground, and there are plenty of developable sites such as Stein Steel, Ant Building, and the few others we've mentioned.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoulos27 View Post
Awesome man! Thanks for the thorough and informative post!
No problem! Here is a link to an old brochure that shows the space:

Atlanta Dairies General Leasing Book

Page 6 has a map with vacant site you were reference labeled "B". Plans appear to call for ground floor retail and then three floors of office space above the retail. Page 14 might put the area into better context. The outparcel shown is now Alta Dairies Phase 2 which is under construction.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 3:17 PM

Emory Winship tower construction

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Great update. Yeah, I was over there yesterday and that section of sidewalk is pretty bad. It must have 5 curb cuts. Wish I had a picture of that wacky commercial building that used to be there. Funny, 5 years ago that might have been one of the better sidewalks on Memorial! En Fuego!

The AMC looks like it's getting close (I've heard March) and it is super crazy to look at Reid's body shop across the street. It's like an optical illusion.

BTW, Suprema Taco is freaking amazing

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 4:14 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Great update. Yeah, I was over there yesterday and that section of sidewalk is pretty bad. It must have 5 curb cuts. Wish I had a picture of that wacky commercial building that used to be there. Funny, 5 years ago that might have been one of the better sidewalks on Memorial! En Fuego!

The AMC looks like it's getting close (I've heard March) and it is super crazy to look at Reid's body shop across the street. It's like an optical illusion.

Have you had Tesoro yet? Off Whiteford, they are finally open for dinner thurs - sat delicious!

I saw a for sale sign for the Cummins landscape space I think (across from grindhouse/Suprema)

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Agreed, absolutely recommend checking it out. Look it up before going, it is not a dine inside type of restaurant.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

Prominence in Buckhead

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 4:24 PM

The Interlock drone video

Makes the area look really dense.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 9:30 PM

Reverb Hotel

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Makes the area look really dense.

Video Link
Are there going to be entry and exit points from northside?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
Are there going to be entry and exit points from northside?
Based on this site plan, yes.

The next phase of the Interlock with the grocery store will be on the north side of Ethel Street which connects to Northside.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 6:46 PM

The 2nd phase is south of Ethel*

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Based on this site plan, yes.

The next phase of the Interlock with the grocery store will be on the north side of Ethel Street which connects to Northside.
Has the grocery store been named?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Has the grocery store been named?
Trader Joes!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta