HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 5:09 PM

I didn't think I was. I've already cited my opinions on some of the reasons they are struggling. I quess my priorities are reversed. Fix the program, then the aesthetics. Reward the success with $10K lockers not before. It begs to incite entitlement which has always seemed to be UT's problem with their football players. I still think all the improvements are being made to attract top tier players and coaches, that's been stated before by UT reps, when all that used to be needed was the desire to play for TEXAS because they were....TEXAS. I'm just an outsider who is not a UT fan saying that the NCAA football world is not as good as it could be without Texas being relevant. College football as a whole needs Texas to be good consistantly. I am hoping they become a dynasty in the near future. I'll concede that maybe facility upgrades are part of the plan. I get that improving the facilities is also geared towards the fans. I'd like to add that on game day, friends and family come to my house to root for the longhorns if they are not attending the games and all I hear is (to put it politely) is very negative reactions towards the coaches and coaching decisions and stupid mistakes, while I sit there calmly. Its quite hysterical to me. They are all dressed in burnt orange and UT attire yet act like the real haters. Yet no one will follow me to the A&M side. UT fans are fiercely loyal. And soooooo unhappy.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 19, 2019 at 5:34 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
I didn't think I was. I've already cited my opinions on some of the reasons they are struggling. I quess my priorities are reversed. Fix the program, then the aesthetics. Reward the success with $10K lockers not before. It begs to incite entitlement which has always seemed to be UT's problem with their football players. I still think all the improvements are being made to attract top tier players and coaches, that's been stated before by UT reps, when all that used to be needed was the desire to play for TEXAS because they were....TEXAS. I'm just an outsider who is not a UT fan saying that the NCAA football world is not as good as it could be without Texas being relevant. College football as a whole needs Texas to be good consistantly. I am hoping they become a dynasty in the near future. I'll concede that maybe facility upgrades are part of the plan. I get that improving the facilities is also geared towards the fans. I'd like to add that on game day, friends and family come to my house to root for the longhorns if they are not attending the games and all I hear is (to put it politely) is very negative reactions towards the coaches and coaching decisions and stupid mistakes, while I sit there calmly. Its quite hysterical to me. They are all dressed in burnt orange and UT attire yet act like the real haters. Yet no one will follow me to the A&M side. UT fans are fiercely loyal. And soooooo unhappy.
18 year old recruits were 5 years old... FIVE... when Vince Young led them to their last title. They aren't concerned with the "mystique" as much as top notch facilities, high tech locker rooms and such.

It's not THE reason, but if UT wants to keep playing in Big Money Athletics, this is the cost.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:23 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Being a gay guy, I would have never made the connection but as Austinite101 stated, I will never be able to unsee that ever again...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 3:44 PM

I never thought I would see the day when Kentucky would have a program level or better in all sports. The point is Texas fans. You want success then stop supporting the program. Dont go to the games! Empty stadium is the only way to change the culture thus product on the field. Let the greedy athletic program see the fact that Texas fans want the old way. Product first fanfare second!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
I never thought I would see the day when Kentucky would have a program level or better in all sports. The point is Texas fans. You want success then stop supporting the program. Dont go to the games! Empty stadium is the only way to change the culture thus product on the field. Let the greedy athletic program see the fact that Texas fans want the old way. Product first fanfare second!!!!!
That's dumb. Can we leave the rants about the football team for the many sports boards and leave this thread as a place to talk about the infrastructure? Just go to Surly or HornFans.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
Super dumb. Please never associate yourself with UT sports ever again.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:43 AM

This has strayed off topic a little too much. No more UTerus or pro/con UT sports rants.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 10:31 PM

Getting to see some above ground structure. GodzillaTron should be demolished soon.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:21 AM

Now that the home schedule is finished, they can really start making some big progress. I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in place of Godzillatron next season.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:36 AM

[

Last edited by Austin1971; Jan 25, 2020 at 12:39 AM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Now that the home schedule is finished, they can really start making some big progress. I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in place of Godzillatron next season.
The big question is when are they moving out of Montclif so they can demolish the north half of it.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 2:43 AM

It's coming down...

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 5:03 AM

End of an era.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
End of an era.
That adzillatron was the most misused tech device in recent history.
The horrible noises it generated drowned out the venerated college football experience as much as the TV timeouts have.
Good riddance, IMO.

I go to the games to watch college football, and not deafeningly loud, annoying advertisements that are worse than the sleazy used car TV ads.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 7:45 PM
Meh

Upperdeck construction from the 1972 expansion.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 11:28 PM

Nice find. The section closest to the crane looks kind of gnarly, like a portion of a rusty ship wreck was shoved in there.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 PM

Last edited by freerover; Jan 7, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 2:48 PM

Last edited by freerover; Jan 7, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 3:10 PM

Can someone refresh my memory -- we are not getting a new screen here, but the outer shroud of the screen is being re-done, correct?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 9:24 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

I'm not sure I understand your question. We are getting a newer, bigger screen, but it won't go in this exact spot. I believe it'll be higher.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin