HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
A few more updated renderings here:

http://tucson.com/news/local/peach-w..._medium=direct
I was reading the Steller (AZ Star) article and there were a few errors in his reporting. He had the hotel at 9 stories, and the other two buildings at 7 stories. The Peach Swaim Proposal RFP Revised Offer details the revisions:

Hotel: 7 stories
Building South: 11 stories
Building North: 6 stories
Toole Arts Warehouse/Parking Garage: 8 stories

There was a drop in height/floors, but I'm okay with that.

The revised proposal from Alexander/Oasis was pretty bad in my opinion. If you were a fan of that development, they shot themselves in the foot with their 2nd document.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 7:22 PM

Quote:
I was reading the Steller (AZ Star) article and there were a few errors in his reporting. He had the hotel at 9 stories, and the other two buildings at 7 stories. The Peach Swaim Proposal RFP Revised Offer details the revisions:
Anyone have any idea what is planned for the north side of the tracks at the north termination of the pedestrian bridge? Looks like a parking garage for the Ronstadt Buildings, but also some retail shops along 7th St.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Town View Post
Anyone have any idea what is planned for the north side of the tracks at the north termination of the pedestrian bridge? Looks like a parking garage for the Ronstadt Buildings, but also some retail shops along 7th St.
I am curious about that as well. At one time that was slated for student housing but I understand that fell through.

It will be interesting if this project moves to construction in 2016 as it will coincide with the Downtown Links construction.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 8:53 PM

Quote:
I am curious about that as well. At one time that was slated for student housing but I understand that fell through.

It will be interesting if this project moves to construction in 2016 as it will coincide with the Downtown Links construction.
The revised proposal has a timeline showing construction of temporary transit on the lot on Toole at Summer 2017 and construction of the North/South buildings, hotel, and permanent transit in the Fall of 2017. The Toole Warehouse/garage and bridge has a start date of Summer 2018.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 6:10 AM

Quote:
The initial Ronstadt proposal from Peach mentioned a possible Greyhound terminal on that parcel, although it was deleted from their revised proposal. However, it seems like the site would be a good spot for Greyhound, as it would increase the multi-modal options for the Ronstadt project.

As Rio Nuevo has taken responsibility for relocating Greyhound from the Arena site, I would hope they are considering that parcel, now that Peach's proposal has been selected and their new partners (Stiteler and Dabdoub) already control ownership of the site.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post
The initial Ronstadt proposal from Peach mentioned a possible Greyhound terminal on that parcel, although it was deleted from their revised proposal. However, it seems like the site would be a good spot for Greyhound, as it would increase the multi-modal options for the Ronstadt project.
I second that. In fact, it would be nice to have one or two car rental ticket counters at the same location. Plus, several parking spaces for zipcars or hertz car sharing vehicles. Add bike share stations....

I guess we'll have to wait for the next non-local developer to develop that area after Peach fails this project.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 5:51 PM

Quote:
The revised proposal says:

Quote:
Corbett Site
The Greyhound bus station is no longer shown as a use. Retail is planned on the ground floor with car rental and share at the sky bridge landing. Parking on levels two and above supports the Corbett development, 4th Avenue/Warehouse/Arts District and downtown. Residential is above the parking.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 2:59 PM

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 1:53 AM

I guess the majority of the land owned by the city was sold this month on the southeast side for the "Fantasy Island" development. Probably see more on that in the near future.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsuofa View Post
I guess the majority of the land owned by the city was sold this month on the southeast side for the "Fantasy Island" development. Probably see more on that in the near future.
Looks like they did their best to avoid developing the core of the trails, and there's more protected area than in the first revision of the plan. As development goes, I think this is about as good as it gets-- infill that tries to leave a recreational park intact and is near already-existing employment and commercial.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 7:39 AM

Just a little bit of news update, published on Nov 28, daily star says

Dabdoub Investments has taken out a $1.8 million permit to begin remodeling work on the former Arizona Hotel, downtown on Sixth Avenue near Congress Street. The general contractor is Metro Tucson Expediting & Development.

http://tucson.com/business/local/wha...73f0ea64e.html

Thought they were renovating already but good news nonetheless.

Also on a side note, it's going to heat up with construction of some notable and big projects in 2016. Like downtown links, main gate hotel, a.c. hotel, arena site, city park, and some Westside projects. I can't wait for 2017 to see the progress!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
Just a little bit of news update, published on Nov 28, daily star says

Dabdoub Investments has taken out a $1.8 million permit to begin remodeling work on the former Arizona Hotel, downtown on Sixth Avenue near Congress Street. The general contractor is Metro Tucson Expediting & Development.
I didn't realize HSL no longer owned it.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
I didn't realize HSL no longer owned it.
DIfferent location. Hotel Arizona is the building near the convention center that is owned by HSL.

Arizona Hotel is the historic building just west of the Ronstadt Center

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsuofa View Post
Wow, I haven't heard a thing about this before. I live off Camino Seco, maybe half a mile north of Irvington. Where did you find out about the sale of the land?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Wow, I haven't heard a thing about this before. I live off Camino Seco, maybe half a mile north of Irvington. Where did you find out about the sale of the land?
https://www.tucsonaz.gov/sirepub/mtg...doctype=AGENDA
13:B is when it was discussed and there was some additional stuff I cant find now lol I guess now the developer has a 90 day period to finalize everything concerning the purchase

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 3:17 PM

Quote:
DIfferent location. Hotel Arizona is the building near the convention center that is owned by HSL.

Arizona Hotel is the historic building just west of the Ronstadt Center
carry on then

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
carry on then
I confuse the two as well. I only know because I got exicted once that there might be actual movement on that blight of a building near the convention center.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 5:42 PM

Bourn has posted a bunch of images and a detailed brochure about the City Park project.

Facebook image gallery: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6389932&type=3

Detailed PDF is here: https://www.hightail.com/download/ZW...T2JFd2VxV2NUQw

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdd View Post
Bourn has posted a bunch of images and a detailed brochure about the City Park project.

Facebook image gallery: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6389932&type=3

Detailed PDF is here: https://www.hightail.com/download/ZW...T2JFd2VxV2NUQw
Nice!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 2:43 AM

Fry’s Marketplace to Build Tucson Store

Brentwood Developments plans to build a 124KSF Fry’s Marketplace store and gas station on 16.3 vacant acres at the northeast corner of Houghton Road and 22nd Street in Tucson. The site will also feature two additional buildings of 4,500SF and 12.9KSF, which could be used by other retail tenants, such as restaurants, hair salons, dry cleaners or other stores.

The existing Fry’s Food and Drug store location as 22nd Street and Harrison will be closed and sold. The new operation is being touted as the first of its kind in the Tucson area and will offer amenities such as a sushi bar, an expanded selection of meats and organic produce, an Asian bistro, Starbuck’s and a wine bar. When fully operational, the new location will employ approximately 160 people, roughly 40 more than at a typical Fry’s Food and Drug.

The building design calls for a height of 26-feet with a four-foot parapet. The developer has requested an amendment to the Houghton East Neighborhood Plan, which sets a maximum 20-foot height for non-residential development in the area.

The request cited a 1990 amendment to the plan that allowed heights of 28-35 feet for a development at Broadway Boulevard and Houghton. According to the proposal, standards for non-residential development have changed significantly since the Houghton East Neighborhood Plan was adopted in 1985.

Planning commission staff recommended setting a public hearing for January and will continue to review the proposal.

To date, there have been two neighborhood meetings regarding the project. Commission staff has received three letters of protest and one in support of the project so far. Concerns in the protest letters include the larger than usual size of the development for a neighborhood grocery center, existing vacant retail developments in the area, potential traffic impacts, wildlife and view protection, and potential impact on night sky viewing.

Traffic improvements are currently underway or slated for both Houghton Road and 22nd Street. Houghton will be widened to six lanes, and 22nd will go from two lanes to four, with new bike lanes and sidewalks as part of the improvements. Under the traffic impact study completed as part of the submittal’s preparations, the Fry’s site will have five access points, two on Houghton and three on 22nd.

Brentwood is the project developer and is being represented by The Planning Center. Brentwood expects the re-zoning process to take approximately six months. Company officials said construction schedules are planned to be determined in Q2. Requests for information on architectural and general contracting were not returned by press time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest