Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Not much has changed.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Not much has changed.
Beyond the front page which says that the theatre is on its way, I couldn't find anything that had changed. Don't know why it took almost 2 months to update that.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 5:03 PM

Monier Apartments

Monier Apartments went out for General Contractor bids this week. Plans are 100% complete. Looks like this project is progressing.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Town View Post
Monier Apartments went out for General Contractor bids this week. Plans are 100% complete. Looks like this project is progressing.
Any link to the plans or bid package? I am wondering what the current design looks like compared to the concept images that have been floating around.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Nice update. The minutes for the most recent Rio Nuevo meeting aren't posted yet but Gadsden officials were very confident of imminent progress in their presentation at the August Rio Nuevo meeting.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:32 PM

Upon a brief look at the architectural plans the building looks to be the same as the one on the Gadsen website. 3 Floors above ground totaling 128 units/166,306 SF and a subterranean garage.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 1:12 PM

Quote:
That's a nice looking apartment complex (at least from the renderings). I hope it gets built. However, I'll believe it's finished after the last brick has been laid in this building.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 4:05 PM

TIBO Tucson developments and improvement forum new site

"TIBO is back! ...Unfortunately most of our old content was lost but we will do our best to get everything back up and continue posting new developments in the Tucson area!"

I googled 'monier brick yard tucson' and ended finding the ol' TIBO site back. The old site was shutdown for some reason.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 3:03 AM

New downtown tower next to One South Church?

Could downtown's fourth 200+' tower be for apartments or condos? Not since the failed TCC hotel proposal has there been talk of a tower of this height for downtown:

http://tucson.com/business/local/res...9503c59a5.html

For a bit of nostalgia, here's an old rendering of a twin office tower proposed for the site years ago (plus another across the street where the One West Broadway apartments will go up):

(courtesy: Arizona Daily Star)

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post
Could downtown's fourth 200+' tower be for apartments or condos? Not since the failed TCC hotel proposal has there been talk of a tower of this height for downtown:

For a bit of nostalgia, here's an old rendering of a twin office tower proposed for the site years ago (plus another across the street where the One West Broadway apartments will go up):

Hmm. Early days, but exciting nonetheless. Really hope they don't go with the twin towers approach.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 7:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this.

Owners : " We’re very excited to be improving the building. "

"Once the existing structure is improved, developers want to erect a second, residential tower on the adjacent, vacant pad."

“The second tower site is very early on in the process,” Fenton said. There are no detailed plans for the future project, which could be as tall as 330 feet."

EDIT : I hope the second building will be 330 plus feet.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 3:13 PM

Quote:

I hope they're not teasing us with this! If they go "twin tower"...then I'd be okay with that. But if they went with a little change in design/architecture it would be even more exciting.

Just a thought: If some redevelopment were to occur for the SE corner of Broadway/Stone...then (relative speaking) that intersection would be the only mid- to high-rise 4 corners in the region.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 9:18 PM

Ha, I remember seeing that rendering way back in 1986 during the halcyon days of commercial construction around the country and Arizona (even Tucson!). I think Tucson Weekly was the mag that printed this pic in its yearly round-up of ongoing/planned projects. Needless to say, many of those projects never saw the light of day given the S&L crisis that quickly unraveled it all. But to my 13-year-old eyes, that pic was pure fantasy land...couldn't wait to see two more towers go up (not). Anyway, that pic definitely takes me back to an Arizona that was flying high in '86 and there were some heady dreams up in Phoenix (remember Wolfswinkel???) for MASSIVE towers all over Phoenix. Another mag around the same time put up a centerfold spread of all the "future state" projects in Phoenix through 1992 or so. Needless to say, it was all pipe dreams and the bubble burst quickly. Nostalgia...(sigh)

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 3:17 PM

Some new quotes on the proposed new building:

“We want to start planning for the second tower as soon as possible,” Karber told us. “The existing building at One South Church is 330 feet tall, we would like to make the new tower just slightly taller, maybe 350 feet, just to redefine ‘the tallest building’ downtown as one more recently constructed.”

https://realestatedaily-news.com/tuc...ch-32-million/

Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Some new quotes on the proposed new building:

“We want to start planning for the second tower as soon as possible,” Karber told us. “The existing building at One South Church is 330 feet tall, we would like to make the new tower just slightly taller, maybe 350 feet, just to redefine ‘the tallest building’ downtown as one more recently constructed.”

https://realestatedaily-news.com/tuc...ch-32-million/
That is awesome thinking.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
That is awesome thinking.
This kind of thinking is pretty prevalent (ahem) all over the world. That it stands out as unique in Arizona says volumes. Wouldn't it be ironic if it were Tucson and not Phoenix that got a new tallest considering it's been nearly 30 years since ANYTHING of height was built in downtown Tucson and Phoenix has had plenty of chances join the late 20th century...let alone this one.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2015, 4:32 PM

Another article about the proposed tallest building in Tucson.

NEW OWNERS HAVE LOFTY GOALS FOR CITY’S TALLEST BUILDING

Old Posted Oct 11, 2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
This kind of thinking is pretty prevalent (ahem) all over the world. That it stands out as unique in Arizona says volumes. Wouldn't it be ironic if it were Tucson and not Phoenix that got a new tallest considering it's been nearly 30 years since ANYTHING of height was built in downtown Tucson and Phoenix has had plenty of chances join the late 20th century...let alone this one.
Give me Tucson over Phoenix any day. Maybe I'm not reading your quote right (it could be the grammatical error) but I'm not understanding your quote. Phoenix has 12 buildings of at least 350 feet, 4 of which were completed in 2000 or later.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2015, 10:33 PM

I figured once they announced the theatre that restaurants would start going in to the area, and this seems to indicate that. This update from September 30th of this year shows there may be a Dave & Busters going in at the Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2015, 11:00 PM

http://azbex.com/tucson-arena-site-p...moves-forward/

According to this article, Alan Norville has purchased the arena site moving the project closer to reality.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest