HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 8:55 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

from astoria park today

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 12:45 AM

The building has been topped off for months yet the tower crane still lingers.
Surely all heavy mechanical plant is up already and anything else can go in the hoist.
I can only figure there is something going on with why the windows are taking this long to go in at the top, and there's probably not enough room at the roof to store them, so they're still on the ground and need to be hoisted up with the tower crane. Hence tower crane still there!
Whatever.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 5:47 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 6:39 AM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 6:39 PM

looks like they are finally putting in those windows on the top row.. now just need to reveal those open levels!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRiser View Post
The building has been topped off for months yet the tower crane still lingers.
Surely all heavy mechanical plant is up already and anything else can go in the hoist.
I can only figure there is something going on with why the windows are taking this long to go in at the top, and there's probably not enough room at the roof to store them, so they're still on the ground and need to be hoisted up with the tower crane. Hence tower crane still there!
Whatever.
I happened to be watching the cam last week and saw a lift of a bucket of concrete to the roof. The 56 St cam was briefly active later (wish I could remember the day) and I saw the concrete bucket there.

Just saw this pic posted by "57th&1st" on Apr 18 over on SSC - here's the bucket (at the tip of the boom, in this pic) along with what I presume is the crane they'll use to remove the tower crane.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 4:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

View from the top:

Credit for all: http://untappedcities.com/2015/04/21...craper-photos/

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 5:59 PM
BANNED

^That one from 432 Park is cool, but why did you include these shots of someone's approach into LaGuardia?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 8:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^That one from 432 Park is cool, but why did you include these shots of someone's approach into LaGuardia?
The video in post #7546 or the 2nd pic (2nd pic is from inside)? If offers a nice shot of the tower, and it was somewhat recent. I think March at the time of the post. Plus its just nice for aerials. The visual approach to LaGuardia is world class. In the past I posted several videos in the aerial thread of that approach. Its definitely not boring especially if you get the seat that faces the West.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 12:20 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 6:42 AM
Bostonian

This looks so much better- and taller, to a degree- with those final windows going in. It certainly took them long enough; I wonder what the holdup was.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
looks like they are finally putting in those windows on the top row.. now just need to reveal those open levels!
And remove the protective film from the glass...very interested to see the real color.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyr View Post
I happened to be watching the cam last week and saw a lift of a bucket of concrete to the roof. The 56 St cam was briefly active later (wish I could remember the day) and I saw the concrete bucket there.

Just saw this pic posted by "57th&1st" on Apr 18 over on SSC - here's the bucket (at the tip of the boom, in this pic) along with what I presume is the crane they'll use to remove the tower crane.

Exciting times. One thing that's freaking me out is that green glass...cannot be!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 12:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The video in post #7546 or the 2nd pic (2nd pic is from inside)? If offers a nice shot of the tower, and it was somewhat recent. I think March at the time of the post. Plus its just nice for aerials. The visual approach to LaGuardia is world class. In the past I posted several videos in the aerial thread of that approach. Its definitely not boring especially if you get the seat that faces the West.
Haha sorry for the confusion, I was 100% kidding. The pics of the city from inside the top of 432 look no different than an approach into LGA. My point is that it's hard to believe someone will get to sit on a chair, with 8,200 sq feet of legroom, and enjoy it.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 4:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^

Ah okay. I thought I was tripping for a minute. I was like did I post something like that looking at the post 5 times.

But yeah these residents are lucky. Essentially, they can wake up, smoke a cigar, and look out the window and laugh at others for not being them.

How I picture the penthouse owner.

But can't blame them. I'd be a rich snob too if I owned the penthouse, and I'd have a smile like that too!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 8:07 PM

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
why don't you try thanking him for taking the time to post and sharing his stuff with us......just sayin

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
why don't you try thanking him for taking the time to post and sharing his stuff with us......just sayin
He was obviously joking.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 12:12 PM
BANNED

^

As for the one panel of green glass; it's too good to be true, in my opinion. There are several other windows without the film that appear to be charcoal/grey color.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 12:21 PM
BANNED

Whoa! I don't recall seeing this posted here yet. Notice the four flood lights in the foreground.

Courtesy Richard Berenholtz

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive