HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack776 View Post

Give the designers & workers a break already. Its been a Hell of project to plan.

Yet,most of the people in here don't know that the original WTC was planned as early as 1943 but were put on hold for 6 years until 1949,after years of where to put the tower the final agreements were reached in 1965.Construction of Thr complex didn't finalize until 1987.Almost 45 years since its inception.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 8:21 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
Yet,most of the people in here don't know that the original WTC was planned as early as 1943 but were put on hold for 6 years until 1949,after years of where to put the tower the final agreements were reached in 1965.Construction of Thr complex didn't finalize until 1987.Almost 45 years since its inception.
Yes but they actually succeeded in making the WTC something new and great. NYC has already been here before and needed something better, a taller more interesting building perhaps. But alas it never happened due to stupidity and selfishness.

Like I said, the truth hurts, I'm not trying to be a downer, but I can't help feel this way

Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yes but they actually succeeded in making the WTC something new and great. NYC has already been here before and needed something better, a taller more interesting building perhaps. But alas it never happened due to stupidity and selfishness.

Like I said, the truth hurts, I'm not trying to be a downer, but I can't help feel this way
The truth?The truth is you're not going to satisfied with anything that aren't the Twins because of your deep obsession.Anyways,how is that the new WTC will not be as powerful or more than the previous one? Four towers that reach the 1,000' mark.I call that powerful.I take it,you are just making assumptions based on your obsession with the Twin Towers.I take that back,it's your obsession with height that gets you.You're always like,"Why isn't America building bigger?"..."What happened to America,they once had the tallest buildings?"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture