HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 5:57 AM
菠蘿油

Spacing Montréal

Un nouveau blog bilingue sur l'espace publique de Montréal vient juste d'être lancé : Spacing Montréal. Actuellement, la majorité du contenu est en anglais, mais ça devrait changer bientôt.

Voici quelques informations sur l'histoire de Spacing :

Spacing Montréal est un lieu où vous retrouverez vos dépêches quotidiennes en provenance des rues montréalaises et rejoignant les villes du monde en offrant des analyses, ainsi qu’un forum de discussion. Nos collaborateurs examinent les quartiers, l’architecture, l’urbanisme, le transport en commun, le cyclisme, et à peu près tout ce qui se rattache à la sphère publique de nos villes.

Spacing Montréal est un blog hebdomadaire publié par Spacing, une revue traitant des joies, obstacles et politiques de notre environment urbain.

Notre lancement aura lieu le dimanche 23 septembre au Cagibi, 5490 St-Laurent coin St-Viateur. RSVP par Facebook :

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=17771717368

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 1:54 PM

il y a quelques articles par Christopher DeWolf

les sujets sont intéressants. ça va au-delà de la hauteur en pieds avec ou sans spire.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 3:16 PM
BANNED

Kilgore, j'avais remarqué tes articles depuis quelques semaines sur les fils de presse google... mais je me demandais si ça te fais chier que je pars des fils sur mtlurb quand le sujet m'intéresse??

Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 5:12 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Spacing Montreal

Here is a great (bilingual) site that I just stumbled upon, concerned with "understanding the urban landscape" of my favorite city, Montreal.

http://spacingmontreal.ca/

Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 5:19 PM
The Vomit Bag.

From said site: a plan to open an observation deck in l'Oratoire St. Joseph!

Quote:
It’s the thrill of discovering a new perspective on what you see everyday: that’s why I have such a thirst for finding new vantage points from which to overlook the city. If you ask me, a great night out usually involves some beer and a spot on some apartment building’s rooftop. So you can pretty much guess what I think of the new plan to create a public observatory inside the dome of St. Joseph’s Oratory, then.

The Oratory, a Catholic basilica, is one of Montreal’s most distinctive landmarks. You can see it from just about any spot in the south or west in the city, its giant copper dome peeking up from above the trees of Mount Royal. In the north, its presence is monumental, lording over the neighbourhoods of Côte des Neiges and Snowdon. You can even see it from the airport in Dorval, where it looks like the nipple of a large, misshapen breast. Every year, the Oratory receives two million visitors, many of them Catholic pilgrims from Korea and Latin America, and it has been looking for ways to attract even more tourists. Opening an observation deck would be a sure-fire way to make the basilica an essential stop for anyone spending time in Montreal.

It could also change way that Montrealers see their own city. Maybe I’m investing too much hope in the transformative power of a good view, but the Oratory’s observation deck would possess an entirely unique perspective Montreal; it would be the only spot in town with a view completely unobstructed by Mount Royal. By extension, it would also be the only place where you could actually look over on Mount Royal. People would be able to get a better sense of how the mountain relates to the city and how its presence has shaped the urban development of Montreal. It would be a spectacular change from the usual vantage points.
source: http://spacingmontreal.ca/architecture/

Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 5:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

wikipedia:
Quote:
In 2013, a rooftop dome will become open to the public
amazing. I went to the top of the Duomo in Firenze (Florence) a few years ago:

my photo.

See more shots inside/outside/atop the Duomo at:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=135451

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal