HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 11:35 AM

Old Posted May 10, 2024, 11:36 AM

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 12:11 PM

A NATO Military Hub

Today I thought I'd post two of the pages around the military transportation hub. This was a critical piece of my original concept, primarily to justify federal funding into such a project. With the country behind on its NATO commitment spending-wise, the development of an air base for joint-forces training at nearby CFB Gagetown made sense to me as a creative solution.

While the prior image might be hard to see, there zone includes a corridor that goes under the north-south roadways to securely link the air base to the CFB Gagetown lands. My thought was that this new southern base, working as a transportation hub and not replacing the base in Oromocto, would serve inbound and outbound troops from all NATO allies coming for training.

The funding for such a transportation hub would not only allow Canada to meet its military spending requirements, it would also pay for some of the critical assets (runways, control towers, taxiways, etc) which would also support the new commercial and freight aviation activity.

Enjoy!

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 12:12 PM

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 12:13 PM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces