HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 6:19 AM

Train Ride To Historic Downtown Redlands CA Inland Empire Hidden Gems

The last few weeks I spent time in San Bernardino at some of the offices I support with my new I.T. position I just started with another state agency. It was partially a meet and greet, and also making sure the project went smoothly.

Anyway I had been wanting to take the new train extention that the city of Redlands built to connect it with the Metrolink commuter train from Downtown San Bernardino to Downtown LA. Metrolink already services Redlands, but I guess they wanted another train that just goes from SB to the Redlands.

The start of my day in San Bernardino so when I was done for the day I spent the late afternoon riding the train and checking out the area.

Why is Redlands called Redlands?
They named their city "Redlands" after the color of the adobe soil. So large had the area grown by 1888 that it was decided to incorporate.

Welcome to the Beautiful City of Redlands. A Big Town with a Small Town Feel.

Redlands – known in 1900 as “The City of Millionaires” and later as “The City of Beautiful Homes” welcomes you! Founded in 1881 and incorporated in 1888, Redlands is a quintessential “big town” with a “small town” feel. For much of its history Redlands was the “Washington Navel Orange Growing Capital of the World” with the citrus industry as the main focus of its economy.

Redlands is such a beautiful city with also a lot of wealth, unfortunately I couldn't explore those neighborhoods on foot, and I would have love to visit the University of Redlands, founded 1907. It's like night and day compared to San Bernardino city and only a short ride away. It's definitely worth a drive or train ride from LA on the Metrolink, one of the many unknown gems in the LA/Inland Empire area.

Back in San Bernardino

This is the new train that runs from Redlands to Downtown San Bernardino that I rode.

A few extra photos from my colleague's car driving back to LA from our work trip. This is San Dimas one of the many eastern suburbs in metro Los Angeles

Last edited by ChrisLA; Apr 28, 2023 at 7:15 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos