HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 10:03 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
My gripe with music over the last decade or more is that there's no humanity to it. Everything is produced on a computer and pieced together into a slick, soulless package. Same thing with artwork and instagram.
I'm not sure you can paint all music released today with such a narrow brush. You should probably specify that your gripe is with Top 40.

Similar to how things were when radio was dominant, only select songs and genres are released for charts and wider consumption. There's literally any type of music you like being produced and available if you're willing to look for it. The fact that I can listen to any music I like at the tip of my fingers is such a huge upgrade over just twenty years ago when finding specific genres and artists was a pain and hassle. To say nothing of the narrow scope of radio since its inception. There's a general rule of thumb that a person will think that the 'best music ever' is whatever was being released when they were between 12-18 years old because those are very formative years. I'm not going to sit here and say that music today is any better or worse than it was when I was in high school because it frankly wouldn't be true. Things are just different.

Will quickly vacate this thread of elders before I get too caught up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada