HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
Tim's is the closest place to order food from my office. I have a very busy job and don't want to walk more than one minute and don't want to wait in line. Plus I don't want to spend too much. So I order lunch for $5 1-2 times using the app for pickup every week.

Since the update a couple of weeks ago, the Lunch option shows up blank but everything else works fine. And since it was an update, my recent orders were blank. So 3-4 times I didn't go when I would have normally. It was impossible to order lunch on the app.

Today for some reason is the first day it started working on my phone.

Tim's is getting so much bad press lately, much of it self inflicted. And the general sentiment is that it just doesn't feel Canadian anymore. It's not nearly what it used to be.

I actually like their donuts and muffins (for the price paid - can't compete with in-house donuts), the few food items I get are passable (chili is excellent value), and I love their colour scheme and decor. I find the outside and inside to be inviting for what it is.

But ever since a Brazilian company took over, instituted all kinds of changes and cost cutting measures, etc., moved HQ from Oakville to a DT office building and introduced a bajillion new and experimental items, the risk of alienating your base was always going to be there.
That's probably the most positive review of Tim Horton's I've read in 15 years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada