HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Interesting chart. I always assumed attendance went up after labour day, but clearly it doesn’t. Which begs the question. Why doesn’t the CFL start earlier. Would help with frigid Grey Cups.
The season kicked off a week earlier this year, but ends the same time. They needed an extra wee to prevent quick turnarounds again like last year, because of the odd number of teams. They're looking at moving it up a week again next year. Once we're at 10 teams we'll be able to go back to 20 weeks, and if we can start the first week of June as is being discussed, that should be a big help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
You have to look at ticket revenue, not at tickets sold. And even more pertinently, revenue per patron including concession sales. Having 2000 extra people getting in for next to nothing and not buying anything could end up losing the club money.
Exactly. CanadInns made nothing off concessions, and you could bring in pretty much anything you want. There's probably 20x the revenue streams at IGF than CanadInns had.

--

In terms of the Goldeyes, I think they'll rebound. They're starting to think about younger people (not families) a bit more, and it's working. It's a pretty good alternative to a bar on a summer Friday night. As more people start moving into the Exchange and Railside develops – I think all the new residents (and likely some new hotels) will really help.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan