HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 5:00 AM
BANNED

Adding a stop at Northland seems like an easy win, always figured it would happen in line with the NW transit study / OMGondola!! idea..

I'd much rather see Northland be the start of a SW LRT line, that would cross over to S Sarcee over Edworthy park, and continue on to signal hill, Tsuu T'ina developments and MRU

As for the infill stations on the south leg, I figure the placements are right, but the timing would have to be after a s-bahn style express train was running to offload crosstown traffic before more local stations could be added.

Lots of great infill potential in there though.. but before things progress to far, can't help wondering if it would be good to plan for a freeflow MacLeod right up to Glenmore?

The unintuitive jog over to 14 st in the SW ring road B-plan always bugged me, and the NIMBYS over there are quite the PITA.. on the other hand, all the service roads and parking lots along that stretch of MacLeod should make a free flow expansion a much easier win

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure