HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
Hwys. 2, 2A and 72 (upgrade diamond interchange). Seems to be par for the course for AB Transportation. They don't want the tight radius loops that full/partial cloverleafs have. Diamonds are just all around safer, dare I say, calmer? I'd be surprised if they are keeping any form of a cloverleaf there.
You sure about that? They have built and continue to build parclos by the bucketload, it's pretty standard. Not a big deal either way IMO, but interesting that they would technically downgrade an interchange, it looks like there is space to me but sometimes it can be deceiving.

I agree it's fascinating poring over their plans. There is actually 'plans' for a pretty substantial and impressive network of freeways and bypasses of all the places you would realistically put them, but they look like 50+ year timeframes. Still good to know the provincial government has foresight (I don't have the same praise for the city...).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure