HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 12:34 AM
Unsafe at Any Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhit View Post
^^Umm, I believe it was assumed by most people that all the trains would end their journey downtown, I just meant there should be stations also at the edge of Calgary for each line as well.

I've been dreaming of a grand central terminal around the Calgary Tower myself, which also would be the Bus terminal, and conenct the LRT and possible future streetcar networks as well and that damn HSR. Something truly spectacular, a modern day Penn Station (the old one..)

It would give the Calgary Tower meaning again as it would truly be the central landmark of the city.
A restored Palliser Station would be just about ideal for downtown transit integration, and the Line 203 connection to the Railtown TGV station would take some of the sting out not being able to walk right to everything.

Always pleased to serve my growing clientele.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure