HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 4:50 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Stolen from the SJ thread (though not the first to do it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa View Post
I can't recall if this was mentioned somewhere earlier.....

Microtel Inns & Suites to Develop Seven New Hotels in Canada

Microtel Inns & Suites, the award-winning chain of all new-construction economy/limited service hotels, today announced the execution of franchise agreements to develop seven new Microtel Inn & Suites hotels in Canada: two in Ontario including London and Woodstock; and five in Atlantic Canada including Saint John and Moncton, New Brunswick, and Halifax, Dartmouth and Sydney, Nova Scotia.

The two Microtel hotels in Ontario are scheduled to break ground in March 2008 and open next fall. The Atlantic Canada properties are all anticipated to break ground in 2008......

more at
http://www.microtelinn.com/pressroom/release.asp?id=342
I'm wondering where this is setting up. It doesn't sound like the type of thing that would be part of Spanish Gates, but at this point, I'd take any good news on that development.

Edit: After seeing the design, it looks like something that would set up on Kings Rd in either the old Keddy's lot or the lot beside Moxham Apartments. It's definitely suburban in design, so I guess the other option to be likely would be SPAR Rd power centre (expanding again soon from what I hear). I wouldn't want to see this design downtown, though the increased pedestrian traffic downtown would obviously be a benefit.

Last edited by Smevo; Feb 22, 2009 at 8:33 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces