HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 6:33 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by L41A View Post
In general, from a state perspective, Florida population growth is more impressive to me. The raw number growth is in the same ball park but with Florida being 1/4 the size of Texas. Even if relate it to the half of Texas where 90% of Texans live, Florida's growth is in the size of 1/2 of Texas. And Central Florida - Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, Ocala, Cocoa, Melbourne, etc) is probably the fastest growing part of Florida.

Even another perspective, if you divide Texas in half, the Eastern half (where most of Texas population) is roughly the size of Georgia and the Carolinas - with both Eastern Texas and GA/NC/SC having similar population.
Your premise is very wrong and way off.

I don’t see how you could argue your point when you wrongly handicap Texas the way you did with flawed logic.

It is 280 miles down from I-35 from DFW to San Antonio, with Austin, Waco, and Killeen in between them. In those 280 miles, Texas added 265k people last year. If you go 165 miles east of Austin and include Houston, the other end of the Texas Triangle then the Triangle added 405k people. The Triangle is smaller than Georgia or Florida in area BTW.

All of Florida added 365k people last year, Texas as a whole added 473k people last year. Both states grew by the same 1.6% growth rate last year.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions