HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 5:28 PM

The Windsor market for such a venue will always be hampered by availability of better facilities across the river, unfortunately.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 5:33 PM

Bridge deck nearly connected

Video Link

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 2:36 PM

Baird AE has posted about a new project on their Facebook account. 172 units spread over what looks like 2 maybe 3, *cough* 6 story buildings. Only a simple thumbnail photo attached to the post. Their website hasn't been updated in a fair bit.
Corner of Walker and Duscharme across from the currently under construction Trinity Gate Condo property.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 4:13 PM

Would that be the Castle Gate project advertised on 7th concession? Those buildings atleast look non generic.

Edit: Nvm, just seen their post on social media.

Last edited by inter777; May 23, 2024 at 4:47 PM.

Old Posted May 28, 2024, 3:51 PM

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 3:23 PM

Sandwich street reconstruction (ongoing) and streetscaping
Renders: https://www.gordiehoweinternationalb...n-enhancements

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 3:04 PM

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 3:14 PM

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...indsor-windsor

if you read the listing description on the realtor site, it indicates of a "planning opinion letter" that proposes the construction of two mixed use tower 30 and 38 stories (765 units) respectfully.

interested to see if there's any more information out there regarding this potential.

that's like.... 5 or 6 six story building altogether (lmao i hope the sarcasm is obvious)

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselXL View Post
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...indsor-windsor

if you read the listing description on the realtor site, it indicates of a "planning opinion letter" that proposes the construction of two mixed use tower 30 and 38 stories (765 units) respectfully.

interested to see if there's any more information out there regarding this potential.

that's like.... 5 or 6 six story building altogether (lmao i hope the sarcasm is obvious)
These GTA investors have the Park street lot around the corner too. Calls for a 20 storey.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
These GTA investors have the Park street lot around the corner too. Calls for a 20 storey.
yeah i saw that one too.
i'm being greedy lol... forget 20 , gimmie the 30 and 40 story

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 12:47 PM

https://www.citywindsor.ca/documents...gn%20Study.pdf

By far the most in-depth report I've ever seen while trying to find any information on local projects.
Perhaps a sign of sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 2:13 PM

^ Looks great, and hopefully we will see construction start soon. Nice to see developers from other cities interested in the Windsor market.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:35 PM

https://www.windsorontarionews.com/w...al-estate.html

Big plans for former Green Shield bldg.

WindsorOntarioNews.com May 29 2023

A developer seeks to convert the one-time home of Green Shield Canada to a mixed use commercial but mainly residential building. The modern looking three storey building at the southeast corner of Giles Blvd. E and McDougall St. was vacated when Green Shield, a national insurance company born in Windsor, moved offices to the east end on Anchor Dr. besides the EC Row Expressway. Windsor-based A.E. Baird proposes to convert the site to one commercial unit and 46 apartments, revamping the exterior, and providing almost 60 parking spaces across the street in what’s now a vacant lot. While lying “outside” the downtown BIA the properties are still “within the core … referred as ‘downtown,’ says a planning report. Surrounding land contains a mix of residential, offices, retail, warehouse and industrial and auto mechanic garages. Warehouse industrial uses are to the south and the land use "transition" to commercial and residential east and north of Giles Boulevard. A public open house was held in January and three people attended and had no objections. City staff recommend approval of a zoning change to accommodate the plan, which goes before the city’s development committee next week. Green Shield is a storied Windsor company. Founded in 1957 by pharmacist Bill Wilkinson and four other pharmacists, the company created Canada’s first pre-paid drug plan. Its website says that “before establishing Green Shield (Wilkinson) witnessed a mother sacrifice her health by forgoing her own medicine to ensure she could afford a prescription for her sick daughter.” The non—profit provides drug, dental, extended health care, vision, hospital and travel benefits for groups and individuals. The company relocated more than 10 years ago leaving the contemporary building a hollow shell in the “transition” district.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:20 PM

https://canada.constructconnect.com/...onnect-in-june

Meet in the middle: Gordie Howe bridge slated to connect in June

WINDSOR, ONT. — The Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority, owner of the Gordie Howe International Bridge project between Windsor, Ont. and Detroit, has announced it’s expected the two sections of the bridge will be connected over the Detroit River by the end of June.

The remaining gap is 26 metres, stated a release.

Crews must install one more segment on the U.S. side, measuring 15 metres, before work starts on the final segment, known as the midspan closure.

Once connected, the bridge deck spanning the distance between the two towers will measure 853 metres, or 0.53 miles, making it the longest main span of any cable-stayed bridge in North America and the 10th longest in the world.

It will also be the longest composite steel and concrete bridge deck for any cable-stayed bridge in the world.

The bridge is targeted to open in fall 2025. Work remaining includes stressing stay cables and installing electrical, fire suppression and drainage systems, barriers, signage, lighting, deck paving and pavement markings and completing the multi-use path.

The bridge features 216 stay cables, of which all but 10 have been installed. The remaining cables will be installed by mid-June.

Progress continues on the Canadian and U.S. Ports of Entry (POE) and the Michigan Interchange, including interior work on all buildings within the Canadian POE including window fixtures, heating and cooling, electrical, plumbing and flooring.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:35 PM

Quote:
https://www.citywindsor.ca/documents...gn%20Study.pdf

By far the most in-depth report I've ever seen while trying to find any information on local projects.
Perhaps a sign of sooner rather than later.
Good to see this project moving along. We're not used to in depth reports like this . That part of downtown is really gaining momentum with potentially 3 major projects within a couple blocks of each other ( farhi's tower and grace site). I wonder when the city plans to start the reconstruction of University ave..

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter777 View Post
Good to see this project moving along. We're not used to in depth reports like this . That part of downtown is really gaining momentum with potentially 3 major projects within a couple blocks of each other ( farhi's tower and grace site). I wonder when the city plans to start the reconstruction of University ave..
I'm not holding my breath on the grace site.
I don't know how Lord Dilkens can claim that the ongoing legal aspects with Fairmount won't affect anything moving forward on that site.

I'd love nothing more that to see SOME type of progress from Farhi as well.
I realize they've got a lot going on with the east end projects but man... gimmie some taste that the Riverside tower has made even the most miniscule advancements towards becoming reality.

Baird AE has signs seemingly everywhere, yet there website doesn't have any updates.
Not being a member of the ConstructionConnect website prevents seeing what projects are attached to the dates they have listed so all you can see is a vague dollar value and projected start dates.
Even there... the start dates seem to get pushed further and further.
2026 seems like it might be a big year for construction but we can't afford to wait that long

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I don't know how Lord Dilkens can claim that the ongoing legal aspects with Fairmount won't affect anything moving forward on that site.

I realize they've got a lot going on with the east end projects but man... gimmie some taste that the Riverside tower has made even the most miniscule advancements towards becoming reality.

Baird AE has signs seemingly everywhere, yet there website doesn't have any updates.
Not being a member of the ConstructionConnect website prevents seeing what projects are attached to the dates they have listed so all you can see is a vague dollar value and projected start dates.
2026 seems like it might be a big year for construction but we can't afford to wait that long
Fairmount will make the city pay that's for sure. It was foolish of council to act so harshly. Either way something will get built on that site.

As for Farhi, maybe he's waiting to wrap up damask tower on the east side and then we might see some activity.

And I agree we need housing sooner rather than later. I think council is finally recognizing this and actively pushing for developments on city owned properties. Unfortunately that's not enough. 4plexes as of right was the way to go.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I don't hold my breath for projects in this city any longer, I've seen too many of them just fall to the wayside. Wake me up When shovels go in the ground, then I'll get excited.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario