HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 1:41 AM

The Rattenbury Building, and its destiny

The news of the new Vancouver Art Gallery finally starting construction is great! . But what about the existing VAG (formerly The Court House)? I have coined the title "Rattenbury Building" for simplicity's sake.
There has been talk of making it into either The Museum of Vancouver, or the British Columbia Museum. If the latter is chosen (and I hope it is), will that diminish or negatively impact The Royal BC Museum in Victoria? This is the most significant heritage building in the city, at the choicest, most central downtown location, and IMHO, deserves the 'royal treatment.'
I would be very interested in hearing ideas on this, and I hope that this thread will be used for such. / Thank you for your time ...
(but hey, if such a thread already exists, just guide me to it and accept my apologies)
https://victorianweb.org/victorian/a...tenbury/7c.jpg

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 4:52 AM

probably back to court rooms. we have a shortage of them, and apparently they still exist in the annex part of the building. and logically, it keeps them centralized to the existing law courts. makes things easier for everyone.

i always like Rattenbury, and its fun to go around BC and see them all. there are some unexpected ones that can make a nice summer trip.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 5:22 AM

The City's lease is good through 2079 so the ball is in their court. Pun intended.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver