HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 6:26 AM

House Of Cards Intro: where to film?

Hello everybody! This is my first thread on the site, so I'm hoping this was posted in the right place. I need some help on finding some places in Calgary where I can shoot some timelapse photography for a House Of Cards intro remake video. I've done a few shots in the Downtown Core but I don't have a clue where else I can film.

I want the intro to be as close as possible to the actual HoC intro. Here's the template I'm using - https://youtu.be/9w-O60x1bYk

*Also: does anyone know how to get that light trail effect when taking photos, along with motion blur on moving vehicles? Using a Canon EOS Rebel SL1.

Thanks

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 4:34 PM
Aviary Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theavrocanadian View Post
Hello everybody! This is my first thread on the site, so I'm hoping this was posted in the right place. I need some help on finding some places in Calgary where I can shoot some timelapse photography for a House Of Cards intro remake video. I've done a few shots in the Downtown Core but I don't have a clue where else I can film.

I want the intro to be as close as possible to the actual HoC intro. Here's the template I'm using - https://youtu.be/9w-O60x1bYk

*Also: does anyone know how to get that light trail effect when taking photos, along with motion blur on moving vehicles? Using a Canon EOS Rebel SL1.

Thanks
Bridges around Deerfoot would be good.

High vantage points around Crescent Heights as well.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 7:15 PM
Round Head

St. Patrick's Island Bridge toward downtown.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 8:01 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
St. Patrick's Island Bridge toward downtown.
Having the river in in the shots will give it a likeness to the TV version.

I would also look at the pedestrian bridge crossing the Deerfoot. doing a shot of the traffic on the Deerfoot at rush hour might be kind of cool...or you can do one later in the evening and get the red lights of the cars.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation