HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Aug 1, 2016, 6:52 PM

About as close to a concept rendering 'realized' as I have seen in Portland.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrG View Post
About as close to a concept rendering 'realized' as I have seen in Portland.
I agree. This project is extremely well executed.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 7:58 PM

Surf shop Cosube is opening in Slate:

Quote:
Surf shops with a Portland twist popping up all over town

Alex Morris hears it all the time: "I've always wanted to surf, but it's too cold up here."

The 35-year-old Portlander, who's been surfing for more than 20 years, proves them wrong every week.

The popularity of cold water surfing on the Oregon coast has surged in recent years as wetsuit technology has improved and people have moved to the state in droves, Morris said.

Now, Morris is one of several Portlanders looking to capitalize on the growing market by opening a surf shop in the city.
...continues at the Oregonian.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 11:19 PM

Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 11:44 PM

This turned out really nicely. I was skeptic when I saw the box windows going in but its really shaped up.

Looking forward to Phase 2

Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Central Eastside's newest coworking space opens its brand new doors

To say that coworking company CENTRL Office's new Eastside location is in the heart of a happening district might be a bit of an understatement.

Not only is the new space inside the brand new building known as Slate, a 10-story mixed-use building at 321 N.E. Couch St., but its next to the recently-completed Yard apartments, across from the construction site of the Fair-Haired Dumbbell office building and surrounded by a handful of other projects transforming the Burnside Bridgehead.

"We are in the middle of the middle of the middle of it all," said Alex Hughes, co-founder of CENTRL Office. "It's really dynamic."
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 9:02 PM

Quote:
The Office, CENTRL-style

The Burnside Bridgehead as a vibrant work-play area is a Sam Adams-era dream that is finally coming into view.

Yard, the chocolate brown slab on the bridge, is open, and the Fair-Haired Dumbbell is under construction. The Burnside-Couch couplet has for a decade been funneling traffic onto the Burnside Bridge, and the Towne Storage building is currently in mid-makeover (seismic and cosmetic) as office space.

Perhaps most exciting is the recent opening of Slate, formerly known as Block 75, designed by Works Progress Architecture. It looks like a pile of building blocks, some pushed in and some pushed out, with fetching white highlights around the windows.

There are two and a half floors of office space and six floors of 75 apartments.
...continues at the Business Tribune.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 11:39 PM
BANNED

What's going on with the 19story tower next to this that was suppose to break ground by now ?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Stellar views and cool workspaces inside the Burnside Bridgehead's newest addition (Photos)

The views are stunning and the workspaces are pretty cool inside the newest mixed-use building in the Central Eastside.

Developed by Urban Development + Partners and Beam Development and designed by Works Progress Architecture (formerly Works Partnership Architecture), Slate is now officially part of the Burnside Bridgehead area at the east end of the Burnside Bridge. Units have been leasing since earlier this fall, and the CENTRL Office coworking firm has had its 22,000 square feet of space up and running since October.

Business Journal photographer Cathy Cheney took a tour recently, as well, and brought back some scenes from inside and out. Click through the gallery above for a visual tour.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 7:46 AM

Notice of a Type II Decision for the landscaping in front of Slate.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Photos: Slate mixed-use opens at Burnside bridgehead

A new ten-story mixed-use project has opened at the bustling Burnside bridgehead. Co-developers Beam Development and Urban Development + Partners last week held a grand opening celebration for Slate, which combines residential, office, and retail space in an distinctively-designed building at the corner of Northeast Couch Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

General contractor Yorke & Curtis began work on the building in late 2014, and completed the project last month. Works Progress Architecture designed the building, which features framed apertures on the eastern and western facades and a floor-to-ceiling curtainwall on the north and south.

Ground-floor retail tenants include Cosube, a lifestyle store combining surfboards, coffee and beer service. A Japanese restaurant is close to leasing commercial space on the building’s northeast ground-floor corner, and the developers are in talks with other operators for leases on the two retail spaces on the building’s west side.Co-working space CENTRL Office has lease the second and third-floor office space, as well as a 700 square-foot lobby space.
...continues at the DJC (no paywall).

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 1:11 AM

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Japanese Restaurant Group Announces New Restaurant Near Burnside Bridgehead

TKS Group is behind Shigezo, Yataimura Maru, and Kichinto Izakaya

The Tokyo-based TKS Group has just announced by press release that it’ll open Kuu, a Japanese restaurant at the corner of NE Martin Luther King Boulevard and Burnside. The release does not lay out the culinary vision, aside from saying the food will be rooted in Japanese tradition and feature local ingredients, but Portlanders are already ready familiar with the group’s style, through its three local restaurants: Shigezo Izakaya, Yataimura Maru, and Kichinto Izakaya.

Kuu is preparing to open summer 2017. It will be located inside the new Slate building, which is also home to Cosube, the cafe, beer bar, and surf shop all rolled into one. TKS Group launched in Tokyo in 1991, and it entered the Portland market with partner Tamio Nojima when it opened Shigezo in 2010. Since then, it has served many of Japan’s most iconic dishes, including sushi, ramen, izakaya plates like karaage fried chicken, and yakatori skewers.

...via Eater PDX.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland