HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Cathedral Hill in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I visited Christ Church Cathedral during Doors Open and I was amazed to discover that the church has a huge amount of space in the new development. They have a large community room, offices, washrooms, day camp for kids, and more in the new part. I didn't even know they were connected! It is really well done. My favourite part is the little courtyard garden between the old church and the new condo, it's a beautiful space.
good to know about the public spaces, i had no idea after.
I also love that garden/pathway. I cut across there rather than go around the development whenever i'm walking and it's raining.

I looked at the plans for the retirement home going up in phase 2 and didnt see any public space connections other than what appears to be a public parking entrance labelled 'church parking'.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:25 AM

To anyone who might know, is the retirement home still in the works or does it have to be approved first? How long do you think it would take to build? I’m looking at some units in the cathedral hill tower and this new retirement home would completely block views of parliament hill from the units facing east.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaCondo View Post
To anyone who might know, is the retirement home still in the works or does it have to be approved first? How long do you think it would take to build? I’m looking at some units in the cathedral hill tower and this new retirement home would completely block views of parliament hill from the units facing east.
Not sure if it was approved by the City, but based on an article posted last year, they were planning to start construction sometime in the second half of 2020.

Retirement residences usually go up pretty fast because they don't need the same commitments as office or condo buildings.

Here's more on the project in this thread:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238292

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 2:42 PM

This thread title needs a quick fix since the 18 story tower has it's own thread.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 2:49 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
This thread title needs a quick fix since the 18 story tower has it's own thread.
Done

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa