HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 2:50 AM

Pretty sure the agreement with CP excludes anything but pedestrians, bikes and trains from using the greenway.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Pretty sure the agreement with CP excludes anything but pedestrians, bikes and trains from using the greenway.
Really? I thought the agreement was that it would be a "transpotation" corridor. Could be wrong though. Got a link?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabooba View Post
I think your idea of starting with articulated (and hopefully frequent) BRT is great. The only major difference for me is that I would do some of it underground, like Geary in SF, even smaller, at major intersections.
But tunnels are $expensive, and people here don't seem to like them, for some reason. Still, beginning with good BRT is great and would evolve as necessary.
Where would you put a tunnel? Downtown maybe, but other than that, where the route (up to 16th) hits intersections would be your stations anyways. After 16th you block off the sidestreets and your home free.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Really? I thought the agreement was that it would be a "transpotation" corridor. Could be wrong though. Got a link?
Right here. See 9.1 on Page 10:

Quote:
Following the Closing, the City in its capacity as owner of the Lands will commence and expedite an internal planning process to design the portions of the Lands for light rail use and walking and cycling use.
No mention of buses or driverless anything. A technicality, but one that CP's lawyers would jump on in a heartbeat.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Right here. See 9.1 on Page 10:

No mention of buses or driverless anything. A technicality, but one that CP's lawyers would jump on in a heartbeat.
Ok thanks. It doesn't directly say you can't have buses. Not sure why CP would be opposed to a BRT line. Their main worry was the land lift brought on by residential zoning.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 4:15 AM

It doesn't, but it doesn't say you can either. Binding contracts are very literal like that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure