HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Keeping his options open.

Hey, Harry... how about finishing a project (like the Gibson school condos, in this thread that goes back to spring 2014) before launching another one?
To give him some credit, given that it’s only a formal consultation at this point, by the time he wraps something else up he might finally be able to “start” this.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 5:10 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevbar1 View Post
To give him some credit, given that it’s only a formal consultation at this point, by the time he wraps something else up he might finally be able to “start” this.
IMO, Stinson's credit became bad quite some time ago.

He'll be on to several other "visions" by the time this one gets rolling, if it ever does. My hope is he upsells this site to a developer that actually gets things built, and uses the proceeds to put up other buildings, that may be more modest but important for city growth just the same.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 3:59 PM

I bought into the project for an investment property so I don’t mind the delays (as long as it’s eventually built one day) but what if it’s sold to another developer? What happens to those who already have contracts?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
I bought into the project for an investment property so I don’t mind the delays (as long as it’s eventually built one day) but what if it’s sold to another developer? What happens to those who already have contracts?
Sorry to say but this isn’t going to get built. Count yourself lucky if you even get your deposit back at some point, to be honest.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 7:20 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Sorry to say but this isn’t going to get built. Count yourself lucky if you even get your deposit back at some point, to be honest.
I'd sadly have to second this.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 3:52 PM

Tribunal hits Hamilton developer Harry Stinson with hefty sanctions over Buffalo hotel project

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...0040d83cf.html

When he bought the Cannon Knitting Mills for $3 million in 2016, Stinson announced plans for a six-storey condo redevelopment that also included retail space and a boutique hotel.
After shooting for considerably higher, Stinson says he's now settling at 15 storeys after recent talks with city planning staff and focused on sorting out "nitty-gritty" details.
Sales for smaller-sized office spaces in the sprawling former industrial complex at Cannon and Mary streets have been brisk, and interest in full-sized classroom units at the old Gibson school at Barton just west of Sherman Avenue North are greater than anticipated, Stinson notes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton