HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
I guess they might get almost as much reverse traffic nowadays.
There most definitely will be.

From the Bermuda Royal Gazette

Quote:
BermudAir service to Halifax set to launch in May

Owain Johnston-Barnes
Updated: Mar 28, 2024 12:58 PM

BermudAir will begin flying to two Canadian cities in May with special rates in place until April 10.

The airline announced that it will start service to Halifax Stanfield International Airport will begin on May 25, with tickets on sale now.

Until April 10, flights from Bermuda to Canada will be available for as little as $199, while the flight from Canada to Bermuda will start at $149, including taxes.

According to the May flight schedule, published by Skyport , the Halifax flights will take place on Saturdays.

“Toronto and Halifax are currently underserved, and this expansion aligns with our mission to provide year-round service, meeting the needs of both Bermudians and travellers from Canada.”

Halifax, recognised for its rich history and strategic importance in the Atlantic region, shares historical, cultural, and commercial connections with Bermuda.

“With direct flights connecting Bermuda with Toronto and Halifax, BermudAir effectively meets the demand that locals and visitors have been seeking.
https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism...launch-in-may/

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 7:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
historical, cultural, and commercial connections with Bermuda.
Indeed.

Amongst other things, The Methodist Church in Bermuda is affiliated with the Maritime Conference of the United Church of Canada. There are historic affiliations to Mount Allison University in Sackville NB (probably through the United Church). Bermuda used to send students to Dalhousie University for medical school (including one of my classmates). There are naval connections, with the RCN operating out of the naval base down there. There are many other connections i'm sure that I am not aware of (or have forgotten).

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Oh, Bermuda is quite interesting. The knocks against it are that it is quite small (21 square miles), and, it is an expensive vacation destination. This didn't bother my mother and myself at the time because we were staying with my sister and brother in law. Accommodations were free.
The flight might cost less than the ground transportation from BDA to your hotel.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 10:41 AM

Some competition on the Boston route would be nice. Last time I checked, all the different airlines flying into New York had a nice effect on prices. I don’t know if there would be demand but I’ve always wished there was a flight to Quebec City.

If they are talking about Halifax as a hub presumably they have some thoughts about inter maritime connectivity but I’ve always assumed those flights are gone for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
This is nothing but good news. Would love to see direct flights to points west and to some US destinations - Chicago comes immediately to mind.

All my experiences on Porter so far have been positive, and though I wish they'd gone with the CSeries (it just grinds my gears to call it an A220) as originally planned, I find the E195-E2 very comfortable. And though Porter doesn't bill itself as a discount airline, my recent flights have all worked out to be cheaper than the AC or WestJet alternatives.

I just love Porter. Let's hope it ages well.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2024, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb View Post
Some competition on the Boston route would be nice.
You're in luck. American starts YHZ-BOS on 5 June.

Quote:
Last time I checked, all the different airlines flying into New York had a nice effect on prices. I don’t know if there would be demand but I’ve always wished there was a flight to Quebec City.
Flair did operate YHZ-YQB last summer. Not sure how the demand was, but they haven't announced any intention to run it this year. And though they're putting a happy face on things, Flair's continued existence is not assured. It's very much on the watch list

Quote:
If they are talking about Halifax as a hub presumably they have some thoughts about inter maritime connectivity but I’ve always assumed those flights are gone for good.
I wouldn't assume that. The problem has been logistical, involving availability of pilots and aircraft post-pandemic. Those things seem to be sorting themselves out slowly. If demand is there, I imagine the vacuum will be filled eventually.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure