HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:38 AM
Busy Beaver

Bing maps has recent satellite imagery (looks like last October), showing good detail of the tracks.

It also captures the new Civic hospital site construction. Doesn't look like they've made room for double tracking in the trenched part of the site. Sigh. https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=45.3958...l=18.7&style=h

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Bing maps has recent satellite imagery (looks like last October), showing good detail of the tracks.

It also captures the new Civic hospital site construction. Doesn't look like they've made room for double tracking in the trenched part of the site. Sigh. https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=45.3958...l=18.7&style=h
I think this is just for shoring up the existing trench while they build. It's probably safe to say the building itself will have enough of a gap below it for a widened trench, much like the parking garage at Carleton has space for double track

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
Are they doing a lot of testing still? I haven't been along the line since mid-winter. How do the trains look? I need updates!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzptichka View Post

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 12:54 PM

Sometimes I wonder what the maximum throughput of trains is. At South keys today, 1 airport train, 3 southbound trains, and 2 Northbound trains passed by within a space of 15 minutes. That's way faster than scheduled service in the southbound direction. I feel like they were just moving trains as fast as the system allows

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 6:32 PM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcamp View Post
Sometimes I wonder what the maximum throughput of trains is. At South keys today, 1 airport train, 3 southbound trains, and 2 Northbound trains passed by within a space of 15 minutes. That's way faster than scheduled service in the southbound direction. I feel like they were just moving trains as fast as the system allows
I don't quite understand the dwell times. For the most part the trains seem to stop for several minutes. Northbound in particular. The Airport one is the only train that seems to have a normal dwell time.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation