View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Amazing motel postcard pics. I realize that I drive by some of those all the time.

I thought I'd do a then and now. Or rather, a then, then and now.

Santa Ana/San Bernardino Fwy merge east of downtown LA, circa 1950-1951 (?). Notice the PE tracks and tunnel. I believe the PE stopped running here in 1950. Or was it '51? Hmm.

USC Archive

Santa Ana/San Bernardino Fwy merge east of downtown LA, circa 1955. What I found odd was the long overpass, because I don't remember it ever existing...

USC Archive

Santa Ana/San Bernardino Fwy merge east of downtown LA, December 11, 2010. See, no overpass. I can't think of where it went from/to. Might anyone know? And might anyone know when it was knocked down, and why? Also in this pic, I see a few of the old lamp posts still exist.

Photo by me
It's funny to see this picture. Whenever I would drive on the 101 South and take it 5 South, I would look to my right and see a paved road. I always wondered what it was until one day, I don't know how, I uncovered it being a part of an interchange.

The long interchange connected to what is now a freeway that is a part of the 101, but then splits into the 60 East or the 5 south. It runs along the border of Boyle Heights.