View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:22 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Yes, whoever owns the two houses that make up Bliss also own the brick duplex behind it along Garfield. Unfortunately, I don't know what it's future will be as the south side of Garfield will likely be back-of-house service entries for ASU's Biomedical buildings. I'm surprised nothing was ever done with it; I would think even renting it out for studio space would be more lucrative than letting it sit vandalized?
A little more than five years ago, there was a plan to make those buildings into additional restaurants under the same ownership as Nine 05, Bliss's predecessor. The whole plan collapsed when Nine 05 went out of business, and I've yet to hear of any plans for the houses along Garfield.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/resta...corner-6524657

As for your long photo post, it's good news that the psychiatric crisis center is moving. It diminishes the walk appeal of the area between Roosevelt per se and small businesses to the south such as Angel's Trumpet, the Velo, and Filmbar. Unfortunately, the electrical substation or whatever it is remains on the northwest corner.

Last edited by exit2lef; Jul 10, 2015 at 10:47 PM.