View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
The grumpy old man of the forum but if you keep us with regular updates ill be happy!
To be honest though we are complaining about these projects when we used to go months and months with no news and no projects of any kind.

Considering most of this occurred during the Recession I think we are doing pretty good! hopefully if the economy continues to improve we will only see more and more in Downtown :up:
Yes, I was hoping the photos would be buy a free month of guilt-free complaints about shitty projects? Kidding...kind of. The bad projects are almost more frustrating now that so many good ones are actually mixed in.

I keep harping on the PBC, but it doesn't look like anyone has posted the news of ASU being given the land between 4th-6th Street/Garfield-Fillmore. There is so much good stuff on the west side of 4th Street...and between Roosevelt Point, Proxxy, and Skyline, there is potential for contiguous retail from Roosevelt - Fillmore. It's really, really shitty that this momentum is being stunted by the terrible planning of this Biomedical campus. Some sort of transition zone should have been established, and the sheer size of the campus allowed for it to be built in a series of low-rise, anti-urban buildings with terrible site plans. There's no reason for two entire city blocks to be used for cancer treatment and research purposes, for example.

And, yes, the Townhomes on 3rd are very attractive. I'm confident Union and McKinley Row will be just as impressive, as MetroWest seems to really 'get it' and is actually invested in making downtown happen.