View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 9:27 PM
Green Berniecrat

Finally, here is my e-mail to Mr. King. Its not as good as BT's but I did my part to get my voice heard .

Quote:
Dear Mr. King:

I've read your articles for some time now, and I've resisted sounding off on each of them week after week. However, I can do so no longer. Your bias, along with other people who share your opinion against tall buildings, is unbearable. For example, in your last article you choose to quote people who have little or no knowledge of what beautiful architecture can be. Tall buildings are being built as I speak, or have already been built all over the world, and the people have embraced them as symbols of the city and the city's skyline. Clearly, your repeated stance againt tall buildings is becoming somewhat irritating, not just to me, but to a great deal of people welcoming this new change in San Francisco. The way you write your articles makes it seem like we who like tall buildings are a minority, when in fact we are now a majority supporting a common cause. I for one, do not think 1200 feet is enough, they can do much better than that. Perhaps you should concider those of us who greatly support this endeavor to bring a bold symbol to the world from San Francisco before you choose to write articles from people claiming to know what good looking buildings are. You shall find plenty of up here at this forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...36300&page=48). As others have stated, you will not find a warming welcome as you have rejected us for too long. Nevertheless, please make an effort to cover both sides of the story in equal fashion.

Mario,
San Francisco/Chicago