View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2014, 8:14 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
^ I agree. Living in Lujiazui would become a drag after a while, but working there would be fine. The IFC complex has added a lot to the area.

The one MAJOR problem with Lujiazui is rush hour. It has to be one of the most congested stations in all of Shanghai. The amount of people crushed in to that rather small station is a huge turn off, and finding a taxi during rush hour is almost impossible. Even if you do get one, you'll be stuck in the tunnel to Puxi for 20 minutes.

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think I'd want to work there.
Should be better after Line 14 opens in a few years' time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Canada View Post
Not a big fan of this one. It isn't impressive for anything other than height (the design is very bland) and, unfortunately, it puts the once-impressive Jin Mao and World Financial Center in its shadow. Those towers are both great pieces of architecture (particularly Jin Mao) and it's a shame that they are no longer the centrepieces of the Shanghai skyline.

Definitely not bland, especially in person. The design of this one is up to the standards of the other two, and IMO even exceeds them. And from the ground, it most certainly doesn't put either of the other two towers in its shadow - they're every bit as impressive looking up at them as they've ever been.