View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
I thought that the LA thread would foster more discussion specifically on the OP. But in order to prevent that thread from being locked up for going off topic, I’m giving a certain topic its own home.

But in all seriousness, I’m curious about it as well. Texas seems to be the fastest growing of the top 3 Sunbelt states (which also happen to also be the top 3 most populous states in the country). California seems to be slowing down and Florida might be seen as a goner to climate change. It doesn’t seem like the growth of Houston or Dallas will change, especially as their economics continue to diversify.

So, what if either of them, in maybe the next 20,30,40, etc years, become the largest cities in the US?

Let’s not question whether or not it will happen, but consider the ramifications of such an event if it one day becomes a reality.

Y’all can argue to your heart’s content on that. As before, I don’t think it would make much of a difference besides giving some more clout to Texas, but who knows....
I dont really understand how any of this would matter.

Unless you live in NYC/Houston or Dallas and one becomes "the biggest city" and one becomes the former "biggest city" that is more of a local cultural issue not really a concern nor matter for anyone living in the countless other cities and towns in America.

The world didnt end when Virginia stopped being the most populace state, and it didnt end when New York stopped being the most populace state.

Nothing happened when the 2nd place city prize flipped from Chicago to LA