View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post

I do, actually! This was located where the LA Furniture Mart is now, which would be Washington and Hill.

I know this because I went to the LA Auto Show recently (I go every year) and they actually had a very interesting display that showed the history of the LA Auto Show, from its beginnings to modern times. It's been going on for over 100 years now.

After this fire, whatever cars were left were displayed at the Shrine Expo Center. There were pictures of 1920s cars being displayed at the Shrine Expo Center.
Sopas, thanks for chiming in -- I also enjoyed that historical display at the Auto Show this year, and had intended to post some pics of that fire here. (At least ethereal was more motivated.)

Also interesting was the fact that there happened to be an auto salvage business on the adjoining lot (you can see it on the extreme left in the photo below):

After the fire, they simply took down a portion of the fence and dragged the burned-out cars into the salvage yard. Must've been like mana from heaven for that business!