View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
It's all very related. What you're seeing now with the tech industry is censorship based on views or what sponsors what you to see. Now other sides who feel their voices are being suppressed have started companies, or companies that were already started have grown exponentially when people tried finding alternatives. Competition breeds growth so this will only be good for the tech industry that SF/SV is the center of.

I think this might be the first time this has happened in the tech industry we know today. Before everyone kind of joined and used what was popular. Now people are seeking the alternatives to best fit their needs. I think what this could also mean is a rise in other tech centers across the country (Dallas, etc.).
I don't think we'll see a place become a tech center just because there is an alternative app rooted there. For instance, Snap was supposed to launch Los Angeles into this dominating tech hub, but that hasn't panned out so much.

However, I do think we're seeing tech take hold in regions that have unique industry knowledge. This has kind of happened in L.A. with the move to online streaming. We're also seeing it in Detroit with the auto industry's aggressive move into electric vehicles on one end and "mobility" on the other.