View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
Let's welcome in the new year with a birth. This baby was the first one born at the Mid-City Hospital in 1956. The description says that the hospital was at 518 E Washington Boulevard, but the 1956 CD says it was at 519. I'm sure oldstuff can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Frank (the father's name) is short for Francisco, and the baby is Louis Angulo.

1st New Year's baby born at Mid City Hospital on East Washington Boulevard, 1 January 1956. Effie Mae Malray (nurse) (holding baby); Frank Angulo (father); Leticia Angulo (mother).; Caption slip reads: "Photographer: Wyman. Date: 1956-01-01. Reporter: Parks. Assignment: 1st L.A. Baby Mid City Hosp., 518 E. Washington. 42: L/R Nurse Ellie Mae Malray with baby boy; Frank Angulo (father) & Leticia Angulo (mother) as they record footprints, which is required by a new law. Baby was born 5 seconds past midnite [sic]".

USC Digital Library

Happy New Year to everyone on NLA, and (if I'm right about the baby) happy 60th birthday to Louis!
You are right about the name of the baby:Louis Torres Angulo was born on that date in Los Angeles, according to the birth index. His parents were Francisco Diaz Angulo and Leticia Rodriguez Torres. Online there is a picture of Louie at age 20 when he was attending East Los Angeles college. Unfortunately, he died in September of 1985.