View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2013, 4:27 PM

Thank you!

Funny, kznyc2k, I was there in the morning on that warm Saturday! Just the one little piece of Mignonette Street left. Hard to even tell where Court was. I think it's particularly sad knowing what will soon be there. I would so much prefer ghost staircases and grass lots on Fig & Cesar Chavez to those Orsini buildings. Hell, I'll take that data center over those condos. At least the design is honest and true to its function.

Unfortunately, the roll of film is still in my camera so it'll be a little while before I can fill it up with other noir-ish images and develop it. It just feels right photographing these places with film.

Also, I gotta ask - can everyone hold off for a little while on posting so I can catch up? This ridiculously amazing forum has blown too many minds and needs to slow down, for its own safety, I think. I just congratulated myself for reaching page 200 after months of lurking and going out and finding these places. I have a ton of shots I've taken of places featured here - just need to scan them all and post a few. In the meantime, there is a bit of LA history sprinkled throughout my Flickr page, if the mood strikes you, starting with the (not quite Noir-ish but certainly Cold War-ish) old Rocketdyne testing facility, home of the first commercial nuclear reactor meltdown in the world in 1959: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30811353@N04/

Mission this weekend - kill two birds with one stone by getting good shots of the State Office Building tile floor from the observation deck of City Hall - they doubled the fences on the ground. Used to be, you could just hop the fence and hang out with the skaters. Wonder if I'll be able to talk my way through security with a huge telephoto lens. Nothing suspicious here!