View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu View Post
I've driven by that house a few times while exploring. That section of East Adams really has some incredible Victorians left. Is it possible the house has been altered into its present appearance? When I first saw it, my mind wouldn't let me accept any other explanation for the unusual architecture, lol.

About the other house you found on 24th & Arlington, I think it's been covered on Noirish before, but it was built in 1902 for Joseph Dupuy. You're right, it's now owned by the city and operated as a recreation center, and now known as the "South Seas House." More info to be found here.
In 03 I would walk by the South Seas House everyday,one day i took my Kodak Retina type 2A with me,they had started the resto on it but here is what i caught on a hazy day back in 03....also some other houses that were in the area.
[IMG][URL=http://s292.photobucket.com/user/unihikid/media/new002_zps059b0af9.jpg.html]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Sorry about the lighting, I just figured out how to use the Retina,and didnt set it well(i set it via the film type and not the camera type).