View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nevergold View Post
It may be the best location, who knows? I'm not into hunting or any of that kind of stuff, so I can't comment, just that I know downtown residents aren't going to be the target audience for that culture.

If it works, I'm happy for the city as the pyramid needs to have purpose and should never be torn down. Its a structure that will indefinitely if they keep it up. But if it becomes another business subsidized that leaves within 5 or 10 years and vacates the property, it will be a real waste.
Downtown isn't just about folks downtown besides I know hunters that work all over downtown and live in places like Harbor Town.

Show me one Bass Pro that closed up shop in 5 years. Hell, it was one of the only successfully things that went into Festival Bay in Orlando that store hasn't closed nor does it plan to. It's kinda like the nonsensical Walmart hate you see in some areas. Companies only take advantage of what's presented to them and that's not their fault but they will located without the handouts as well cause I've seen a Cabelas go up here in NWA with very little in the way of incentives and I've the hoops Walmart is jumping through to enter urban markets.