View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2013, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysmiling View Post
Hes saying 20-30 passengers on his one flight... If there are 4-5 flights a day from Austin to Houston and then 4-5 from Houston on to New Orleans, then certainly SW can have a nonstop flight for AUS to NOLA... Beleive me the flights going to Houston will still be full of passengers in addition to the one nonstop flight a day to NOLA... It's not an either or situation. They're not going to cancel flights to Houston there buddy...
Thanks, Alwaysmiling. I think you made my point for me very well. Since there are almost hourly SW flights AUS to Houston during the day and flights between Houston and NO about every two hours during the day, the way most SW passengers travel to NO from Austin is just book a Houston flight and catch the most convenient connection in Houston. The connection in Houston can sometimes be problematic and full of hassles. I have been doing this for years and noticed that there was considerable demand for service between Austin and NO. I never understood why there was no non-stop flight and only one (sometimes two) through flights usually available. Continental also offered no non stops, so who knows. Hopefully the new nonstop service will be a money maker and produce a second non stop later.