View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
FFS. Are you guys serious? Is Vancouver Washington in Canada? Not a reason to be a stupid ass homer. I'll say Toronto would be a fucking Buffalo or Rochester if that helps.

You have to consider all of the US if Vancouver was part of the US. Not just Washington and Oregon. There are much warmer and much drier places that consistently steal population from as good or better urban centres on the Northern half of the continent. There are just as many amazing settings if that is a priority. If would be irrelevant against the juggernaut California. I can't think of an Amazon, Boeing or Microsoft to raise the city's profile from the D list to the A list since you seem so engaged in the closest regional rival. My opinion stands at a smaller city, more industrial, less resort due to a larger developed port.

A huge defining moment. What percentage chance do you think Vancouver would have had in hosting Expo86 against other American urban centres?

That's just my opinion. I'll gladly have someone tell me otherwise. The stupidity, the homerism just pisses me off.
Its becoming pretty common for you to completely misunderstand a discussion and then become unacceptably offensive when people try to explain things to you. Settle down.