View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2014, 1:28 AM

94116 (Outer Sunset/Parkside, Golden Gate Heights, and Forest hill in San Francisco)

67% Pacific Heights
17% Downtown melting Pot
7% Urban Chic

At first it seemed to me that the description skewed too much towards the high-end, but that's because my zip code contains two wealthy areas (Forest Hill and Golden Gate Heights) within it, which I had never noticed before. It's basically one of the cheaper parts of SF on my end of the zip code, and one of the most expensive parts on the other end. I'm also willing to bet the more expensive part does a lot more shopping online and with cards, rather than cash, which would make the tracked shopping habits of the residents in the zip code skew more towards the high end.

The entire zip code is about 50% Asian, and 50% foreign born, mostly Chinese. The rest is mostly white, though census stats show the white population has been dropping in many areas while the latino and black population is growing in many parts (something I've noticed personally over the years, though the black and Latino population is still small and dispersed out here). It makes sense seeing as the old black and latino neighborhoods are mostly gentrifying and insanely expensive, while the sunset remains somewhat of a less desirable and unknown area in comparison. Probably won't be that way for long though.