View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Yeah, that doesn't sound absurd. Indian families came to the U.S. "under Obama" and there are "big cultural clashes" in McMansionland. The Princeton, NJ area is under near-riot conditions from the influx of highly educated, high earning, family oriented Indian techies, doctors and engineers.

In reality, Indian families have pretty much seamlessly integrated into upper middle class sprawl America, even in very conservative red areas (which would not describe Central Jersey).

You quoted me saying ''under Obama'', which I did not. I said it started mainly with Obama. This is when a visibly larger number of Indian extended families began moving into suburban communities throughout the mid-Atlantic.

Also, ''pretty much seamlessly integrated'' is quite a stretch. I don't know of any native born american families that have three generations on both sides living under one roof.

Either way, my observations are just that, observations. There's nothing wrong with cultural differences, but some people don't like them and/or are uncomfortable with them.