View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2013, 4:03 PM

RE: Public meeting Oct 29th

I am surprised there was no objection to this proposal; I can’t believe that half the population south of LeMarchant Rd wasn’t there.

Perhaps apathy has set in or perhaps it is “Public Meeting Fatigue”. Those concerned about the downtown seem to have been beaten down by recent meetings on the Marriott and Lighthouse projects and have given up…hung up their rubber boots so to speak. What is the point in showing up and voicing objection when Council is just going to ignore the concerns anyway?

I think this is a very slippery slope if these amendments are allowed to pass. Once this goes through there will be no reason why Fortis can’t come back with a revised proposal with an even higher structure on the harbour side, (other than perhaps that they have “moved on” with their new building) and Southwest Properties will be back with their original 11 story hotel.

Once this amendment is approved the new de-facto height restriction along our waterfront will be a minimum of 11 stories, no question about it. The Great Wall of Water St